ISO Photo of Pioneer TX-9100, case off, where the dial cord attaches to the initial tension wheel

thekrakenisme

Member (SA)
Apr 23, 2021
Texas
Hi all,

Believe it or not, there is not a single clear photo that I can find online that shows this, without a cover, from the right side (looking at the face of the unit). My dial cord spring snapped off the small plastic post, and I'm trying to see how it's supposed to rest in there so I can repair it correctly. Even the service manual only shows the side of the spring housing, so I can't figure it out from that either. Ugh.

Anyone able to help?
Thanks-

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Your over thinking it just remount the spring and trial and error will get you there. I was once perplexed by Tuner strings but no more you just have to figure out the correct amount of turns on capstan.

Reactions: thekrakenisme

thekrakenisme

Member (SA)
Apr 23, 2021
Texas
Cool, yeah, it's the just specific mounting within the spring's housing that's throwing me for a loop since it snapped off. I am definitely keeping at it. Thanks-

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
The end of the spring with the cord tied to it sits near the exit notch, and the other end somewhere just past the center of the wheel.
If you can't figure it out post a couple pics.
Someone on ebay is selling one, maybe you could ask for a picture without those packing peanuts blocking the view of the spring :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: thekrakenisme