I Found a Conion C100F at Thrift Store

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Hello Everyone. I just found and bought for 10 bucks a fully working Conion C100F from a Salvation Army thrift store in Skokie, IL. I CANT BELIEVE IT. I was walking past the shelf of electronics and I looked down and low and behold it was sitting on the floor. Thrift stores today almost always check online to see a estimate cost and price accordingly by condition and age. I was also glad the price was on it because a lot of times the price isn't there on the electronics/big ticket items and policy is you have to wait till tomorrow till management creates a price and places it back on shelf. Also the known expensive electronics are placed in a locked glass cabinet behind the registers and you have to ask to look at those items. I almost fell over with excitement and grabbed it as fast as superman folding on laundry day. Too excited when I went to register to purchase and on the trip back home almost hugging it. After testing I video called my family and they could not believe it. Only problem found is a cracked plexiglass on tape deck and broken antennas.
Reading this knowing how it must have felt to carry that thing to the register and pay $10 dollars for it....it made me think of that part in the movie Ghost where Whoopie is playing Oda May Brown and she has to try and maintain her composure