Hitachi TK-8200E increase Bass

cdgold3

Sep 3, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

My Dad gifted me his old Hitachi TK-8200E that he has not used in many years.

As a project, I've converted to run off a parkside drill battery (and others) and added Bluetooth internally without any hacking the unit to bits and just tapping into traces.

I'm really no sound expert but as it is can it be modified produce more bass?

Thanks

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I have one of these, i agree they are a noce box with great features but bass shy for sure. Plugged in to external speakers they perform well. I think the speakers are just not very high quality compared to the magnet mosters of today. They have a thin sound and I suspect a speaker change may be the best option to add better bass.

As I side not, mind sharing the BT mod details and specifically how to run them off drill batteries?

Ive wanted to find a better battery solution for boom boxes that i can recharge for ages.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Replacing the woofers with some Modern speakers is the easiest way to improve the sound plain and simple but you have to match the characteristics from the old speaker to the new one such as the SPL rating or sensitivity rating the ohms rating which is the speakers impedance plus you have to check the front gasket and rear magnet to make sure everything is similar to what you have. Some of these hitachis can get pretty loud they just don't have a lot of bass but they still sound good.