Here we go again (restoration time) [Dial-up killer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Brother, I just have to say "F'n Wow" :drool:

Hemiguy,

I have been following your works and I have to say that I have every intention of following in your foot steps. Later on this year I am going to set up my spare room for working and tools.

I have just a hand full of boxes, maybe 5-6. Of that, 3 notable dreams come true in my GF-777, TRC-920 and SCR-8. They are really nice, clean with some wear and I'm not even sure if I would mess with them. But I have 2 boxes I have bought from TRC-911 on the way right now that will need full cleans maybe full restoration.

My point in all this is, when I see the work your doing, I no longer fear the unknown, I know I can do it!

Thanks for some great threads man....Your work is inspiring!

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Hemiguy,

I have been following your works and I have to say that I have every intention of following in your foot steps. Later on this year I am going to set up my spare room for working and tools.

I have just a hand full of boxes, maybe 5-6. Of that, 3 notable dreams come true in my GF-777, TRC-920 and SCR-8. They are really nice, clean with some wear and I'm not even sure if I would mess with them. But I have 2 boxes I have bought from TRC-911 on the way right now that will need full cleans maybe full restoration.

My point in all this is, when I see the work your doing, I no longer fear the unknown, I know I can do it!

Thank you for the compliments
I am happy to have inspired you!!!
I get a kick out of making a box new again , I think it stems from my very first boombox getting destroyed when I was jumped back in the day.
If I knew then What I know now I would have restored it.
I look foward to seeing your restorations in the near future. :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
hemiguy2006 said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Hemiguy,

Thank you for the compliments
I am happy to have inspired you!!!
I get a kick out of making a box new again , I think it stems from my very first boombox getting destroyed when I was jumped back in the day.
If I knew then What I know now I would have restored it.
I look foward to seeing your restorations in the near future. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, When I get into a box, I will document it and post it, unless of course I end up butchering it trying to do work like you :lol: :lol:

Either way, it will be a great learning experience.

reptoid

Member (SA)
Feb 24, 2010
SF
Hemiguy,

when painting, I noticed you taped over the metal trim with the nippon branding around the tape counter . when you had the box apart, did u see any way to remove this part. i just got my eversonic today and there is a dent in this portion i would like to try to tap out... i havent opened the box yet and was wondering if it was bolted in or glued..

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Those trims are glued.
I didnt remove mine as the metal is very malleable.
I had to take that same trim off the tape door to access the screws underneath the trim
and it creased very easily.
I managed to straighten it pretty good but not perfect.
BTW in order to get the inner frame out of the body the cassette door has to come off. :no: :sadno:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Or FIX A GRAIL.
No grail to small :-P
Im listening to the Police right now and am thinking this was a great replacement for my M-70.
Thanks again Ira.
I LOVE this box :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.