Help with Sanyo M9977 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

docnak

Member (SA)
Feb 3, 2017
Heartland of America
i ended up putting it back together without record function (just anxious to use it!) but when i popped a tape in it, it sounded like it was in slow motion so..... going to open it back up and i suppose i will mess with the record function again!

docnak

Member (SA)
Feb 3, 2017
Heartland of America
baddboybill said:
The red arrow is the record tab that has to be pressed and yellow arrow is slide that should slide out of way when you press play

Screenshot_2017-02-05-10-09-25.png
The issue im having is the yellow arrow does slide to the side when play is pressed, red arrow is doing nothing because the little black tab you can see looks like it is suppose to push the metal slide down? or slide to the side of it? But when record is played the black tab moves down and butts against the metal and stops! The screw at the top with the washer, that is holding the right angle looking piece... is this suppose to move?

Also... does the spring that runs underneath that metal strip look out of place to anyone?

docnak

Member (SA)
Feb 3, 2017
Heartland of America
Ok... so the screw i was referencing, i loosened it, re-tightened it, and and the slide moved when i pressed record! Apparently i will need to lubricate this mechanism as mentioned by other user. I have never has to lubricate a tape deck before so any pointers would be much appreciated! Also if anyone can explain why the tape was sounding in slow motion id appreciate that, as i also have another tape deck doing the same thing

docnak

Member (SA)
Feb 3, 2017
Heartland of America
Wow, now i got it to go down and stay down, come back up on its own when stop is played... and the aforementioned spring seems to have zero function =/. Now i just need to address the slow mo play... which im guessing has something to do with the belts.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
docnak said:
Wow, now i got it to go down and stay down, come back up on its own when stop is played... and the aforementioned spring seems to have zero function =/. Now i just need to address the slow mo play... which im guessing has something to do with the belts.
See thats why a full restoration is needed on these older units. Especially cleaning all old grease and putting new grease for mechanisms. ;-)

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
baddboybill said:
See thats why a full restoration is needed on these older units. Especially cleaning all old grease and putting new grease for mechanisms. ;-)
New belts and lubrication makes big difference! It is a good learning process. The more you do the more better you get. You will start enjoying this hobby! Drink and dance after fixing boomboxes! :w00t: :lol: It is lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.