Has anyone bought from icedmelon702?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Very nice guy to deal with. I bought many parts and antennas from him. I also bought several hard to find speakers and circuits. It came well packed and shipping was very reasonable. He is honest and communicates so well.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
davebush said:
Got some gf767 parts...grills, ariel, battery cover....postage was high but at least they arrived.....would use him again
Why would you use him again when he screwed over a great member for hundreds of dollars?

Superduper

Member (SA)
Ok, here is my transaction so you guys won't have to wonder what it was I bought or what the problem was. Total cost was $500. Was represented as all working, and in good condition.

Received. Carton itself looks good, if a bit thin.
rx7700_05.jpg

So Far, So Good.
rx7700_09.jpg
rx7700_10.jpg

But wait, WTF is this screw hanging out the bottom?
rx7700_11.jpg

Unwrapped, Oh SH1T, WTF, WTF, WTF. A gosh darn hole in the bottom. Clearly cut under the PS area, perfectly square shaped? How about the feet that aren't feet anymore?
rx7700_12.jpg
rx7700_13.jpg

Front View, not much better. Why the F is that deck door hanging like that?
rx7700_17.jpg

OH.... So that's why. Soft copper wires melted into the plastic deck door is a custom upgraded hinge hooks for all 4 of the broken off plastic ones. Guess I should be grateful for this?
rx7700_19.jpg

And this deck. Does anyone think it can be saved? Wonder how much damage there is back there? Hmmm.
rx7700_18.jpg
rx7700_20.jpg

So NOW you guys know the scoop of why this transaction pissed me off so much. Seller tried to blame the hole on the bottom to damage in shipping. Well, then where is the missing square chunk of plastic? Also how about the missing sheared off feet? And the deck door, might've happened in shipping but then again, you could wrench the door off with a flick of your wrist since the wire he used to rig it up was so soft there's no way it could have held. And no, I didn't even bother to try powering it up. The cosmetics was so bad it wouldn't have made a difference. So eBay said sure, go ahead and mail this back to KOREA and please insure it and get tracking confirmation too. Oh and since the transaction exceeds $200, then signature confirmation is required too. Anyone here price how much to ship a 35 pound package to Korea from US with tracking and signature? And after I do that, I get back my orig price meaning I lose over 1/2 of my money for the priviledge of doing this transaciton and then shipping it back. Seller first said he would refund. Then after agreeing, haggled and gave back partial only. As I did not want to be out of pocket another $200-$300 more (over the orig $500) to get back the $500, the partial was a better option but this stinker is still, years later, just sitting here in the warehouse in the same box. It's pure junk.

Now, he seems to have migrated to selling primarily parts since there is less chance of getting not-as-described claims from parts.. Perhaps this allows him to sell the usable parts and toss the bad parts on damaged or less than stellar examples. That's probably what he should've done with this one to begin with. Anyhow, you all can buy from him if you like but Chris asked about member experiences with this seller, and this transaction I'm sharing with you all. If you had a good experience, good on you. However, if you wonder why I was angry, then go ahead and plunk down 5 bills for a POS like this and then maybe you'll understand. And BTW, none of the issues were disclosed, and he tried to blame them on shipping. Did the customs agent try to help him fix the deck door? Did the customs agent molest the box and take home a trophy by carving off some body parts? I call Bull. Maybe he learned his lesson and is now an OK seller. That's great but I can't forget or forgive this. I'm reminded every time I see that box in the corner of the warehouse.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Superduper said:
Ok, here is my transaction so you guys won't have to wonder what it was I bought or what the problem was. Total cost was $500. Was represented as all working, and in good condition.

Received. Carton itself looks good, if a bit thin.
rx7700_05.jpg

So Far, So Good.
rx7700_09.jpg
rx7700_10.jpg

But wait, WTF is this screw hanging out the bottom?
rx7700_11.jpg

Unwrapped, Oh SH1T, WTF, WTF, WTF. A gosh darn hole in the bottom. Clearly cut under the PS area, perfectly square shaped? How about the feet that aren't feet anymore?
rx7700_12.jpg
rx7700_13.jpg

Front View, not much better. Why the F is that deck door hanging like that?
rx7700_17.jpg

OH.... So that's why. Soft copper wires melted into the plastic deck door is a custom upgraded hinge hooks for all 4 of the broken off plastic ones. Guess I should be grateful for this?
rx7700_19.jpg

And this deck. Does anyone think it can be saved? Wonder how much damage there is back there? Hmmm.
rx7700_18.jpg
rx7700_20.jpg

So NOW you guys know the scoop of why this transaction pissed me off so much. Seller tried to blame the hole on the bottom to damage in shipping. Well, then where is the missing square chunk of plastic? Also how about the missing sheared off feet? And the deck door, might've happened in shipping but then again, you could wrench the door off with a flick of your wrist since the wire he used to rig it up was so soft there's no way it could have held. And no, I didn't even bother to try powering it up. The cosmetics was so bad it wouldn't have made a difference. So eBay said sure, go ahead and mail this back to KOREA and please insure it and get tracking confirmation too. Oh and since the transaction exceeds $200, then signature confirmation is required too. Anyone here price how much to ship a 35 pound package to Korea from US with tracking and signature? And after I do that, I get back my orig price meaning I lose over 1/2 of my money for the priviledge of doing this transaciton and then shipping it back. Seller first said he would refund. Then after agreeing, haggled and gave back partial only. As I did not want to be out of pocket another $200-$300 more (over the orig $500) to get back the $500, the partial was a better option but this stinker is still, years later, just sitting here in the warehouse in the same box. It's pure junk.

Now, he seems to have migrated to selling primarily parts since there is less chance of getting not-as-described claims from parts.. Perhaps this allows him to sell the usable parts and toss the bad parts on damaged or less than stellar examples. That's probably what he should've done with this one to begin with. Anyhow, you all can buy from him if you like but Chris asked about member experiences with this seller, and this transaction I'm sharing with you all. If you had a good experience, good on you. However, if you wonder why I was angry, then go ahead and plunk down 5 bills for a POS like this and then maybe you'll understand. And BTW, none of the issues were disclosed, and he tried to blame them on shipping. Did the customs agent try to help him fix the deck door? Did the customs agent molest the box and take home a trophy by carving off some body parts? I call Bull. Maybe he learned his lesson and is now an OK seller. That's great but I can't forget or forgive this. I'm reminded every time I see that box in the corner of the warehouse.
Crappy!! :jawdrop: That Bl0wS!!! So, far I've been OK overall buying from him, but again, only parts, etc, not whole units....bad packing & terrible disclosure on the listing for sure....total FAIL!

Cpl

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
F'k that pile.

You can actually fight Ebay/Paypal when things show up like this and Ebay will pay for the return shipping believe it or not.

Example:
I had a purchase of a NEW OEM grill for my truck. A couple blurry pictures in the ebay auction. Price was ok, not a slam dunk, but it was what I wanted.

It arrives with green corrosion all over the chrome, scratches from hitting the ground, and circular scratches in the chrome where the grill mounts! Seller said it must have happened in shipping HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ebay says, ship it back AT MY COST ($40+) and I will get a refund for the purchase. I said no freaking way!!!
I noted to them:
- Item is not as described!
- clearly been installed!
- scratched!
- corrosion!

I argued with ebay that if I had simply changed my mind about the purchase and needed to send it back, yes - that is my fault and I would pay return shipping. This item is not as described, make the seller pay return shipping! They went back and forth with me about it but eventually EBAY sent me a return shipping label AND I was refunded my purchase price AND the original shipping charges.

Never let a seller blame the shipping company if you know it isn't true. Never settle for a half assed refund for a paper weight. If everyone is honest then we wouldn't have this problem.

Superduper

Member (SA)
blu_fuz said:
I argued with ebay that if I had simply changed my mind about the purchase and needed to send it back, yes - that is my fault and I would pay return shipping. This item is not as described, make the seller pay return shipping! They went back and forth with me about it but eventually EBAY sent me a return shipping label AND I was refunded my purchase price AND the original shipping charges.
Joe, I contacted eBay many times on issues and the results you get depends upon the nature of the individual you speak to. Your mileage will vary. The one i spoke to for this case cited eBay policy, that's it. Return shipping in my case with all the shipping options (trackable, signature confirmation) would result in over 1/2 of the purchase price disappearing in a poof of smoke, and I risk getting back nothing and losing the radio too if it should not arrive, get misdelivered, seller refusing to sign, notice left forever, etc... in the end, I decided it was not worth it for a seller whom I viewed as blatantly dishonest and who might go out of his way to avoid the package upon return, nor was I interested in digging deeper into my pocket for the priviledge of getting that experience.

The issue is a dishonest seller. The bottom missing chunk appeared to be dremeled off for access to the transformer. The carton was in good shape and there was no chunks of plastic floating around inside. The modified deck door should have been disclosed. The seller asked me to file shipping claim. I said I would do no such thing since I would have to represent to the shipping agent why and how I think it was damaged and I could not in good conscience do such a thing. If I felt it was damaged, I would but if I felt the seller is trying to pull a fast one, I would have to LIE when speaking to the shipping agent and I don't lie well nor should I have to. Even if the chunk was not missing, the rest of the condition is a deal breaker for me anyhow. It just was not as represented and I regretted buying it at all.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah, agree totally that in your case it was best to get as much of a refund as you could and not have to ship it back. To no fault of the shipping company either. It looks like they did a great job getting it to you in one piece.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
I had a similar situation with a boombox but I forgot which one but anyway, I explained the the eBay agent what was going on with a video of the unpacking linked in the emails sent to the seller so that the agent could see what I saw & told him I didn't want to ship it back just to get my refund since it would cost me even more to get my money back for an 'not as described' claim....

He told me it was no problem, I could keep what was left of the box & got my full refund. I believe that if you showed them pictures & explained why you do not trust the seller because of his dishonest tactics & play hard ball with them, they will give you a full refund, especially if you have video proof of unusability & lack of disclosure on the listing....

Good luck & if you stick to your guns you will get the refund without shipping it back....

Cpl

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I just received this Sony CFS-99 Record Slider from Lee (Icedmelon). My first transaction with him. Very fast shipping, and well packed. He replied within 10 minutes of My message to him. s-l1600.jpg

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
No reply when I asked him about if his antenna from a 9292 would be the same as my 9191.
I don't think personally I would buy anything from this guy! Plus he want $24.00 for just an antenna.
Poor!😮

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Yeah,I asked this guy a question about the diameter of some woofers and he got back to me in about 20 minutes or so.You gotta remember,this cats on the other side of the world from us.Different time zone,hell different day from us here in the U.S.and Canada.Also he's only human and shnit happens in life.People have computer problems,family problems and health issues come up.All these things can and do keep a seller from getting back to a buyer.So,I don't know for sure all the reasons for a seller not gettin' back to someone.What I usually do is shoot'em a second email saying I guess you didn't get my first email and then restate my previous question.If then they do not reply within a day or so I say to hell with them and move on.That's my two cents worth.😀

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Infomation on my transaction with icedmelon.Well I ordered two replacement antenna's for my JVC rc656jw about 10 days ago.They showed up today 1-2-16 exactly as described and in perfect shape.Also ordered some battery compartment "springs"and a battery puller ribbon from him,they were also as described and packaged very well.So, I'm very leary of ordering boomboxes from overseas but inexpensive or relatively inexpensive parts,not so much.Your mileage may vary.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Superduper said:
Joe, I contacted eBay many times on issues and the results you get depends upon the nature of the individual you speak to. Your mileage will vary. The one i spoke to for this case cited eBay policy, that's it. Return shipping in my case with all the shipping options (trackable, signature confirmation) would result in over 1/2 of the purchase price disappearing in a poof of smoke, and I risk getting back nothing and losing the radio too if it should not arrive, get misdelivered, seller refusing to sign, notice left forever, etc... in the end, I decided it was not worth it for a seller whom I viewed as blatantly dishonest and who might go out of his way to avoid the package upon return, nor was I interested in digging deeper into my pocket for the priviledge of getting that experience.

The issue is a dishonest seller. The bottom missing chunk appeared to be dremeled off for access to the transformer. The carton was in good shape and there was no chunks of plastic floating around inside. The modified deck door should have been disclosed. The seller asked me to file shipping claim. I said I would do no such thing since I would have to represent to the shipping agent why and how I think it was damaged and I could not in good conscience do such a thing. If I felt it was damaged, I would but if I felt the seller is trying to pull a fast one, I would have to LIE when speaking to the shipping agent and I don't lie well nor should I have to. Even if the chunk was not missing, the rest of the condition is a deal breaker for me anyhow. It just was not as represented and I regretted buying it at all.
This was totally unfair on his part! It is very sad to hear what happened with Norm. He was dealing with a Boombox Guru and he didn't know it. BIG MISTAKE!

Lee knows a lot about boxes and functionality. There is no way he didn't know about the hole, broken piece and messed up tape door.

I was lucky to get a $500 box total with shipping) in good shape and his description was correct. I have bought several parts from him including amp and tuner sections of 777. Luckily they all were working well. That is a $500 box so he should be very careful with his description and dealings.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Parts came in no problem,great packing,fast shipping,and great communication. He's definitely great for parts.😎

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I bought a complete m90 from him a few years back, no problem, it wasn't mint but you could see that in the auction...

superdupers transaction sucks though.

Mark1892

Member (SA)
Aug 21, 2018
Durham, UK
He is still selling. I've just bought some 767/777 parts from him. Negotiated a discount and reduced postage to UK. Low value on the parcel and arrived very quickly. Parts immaculate and like new and were individually wrapped and then wrapped in bubble wrap inside a neatly packaged box. No issues whatsoever but then reading some of the previous posts it appears he may have improved his customer service. Don't think I would buy anything other than the odd part or two though.