Free stuff, what's not to like?

Superduper

Member (SA)
I posted a wanted ad in local social media. Wanted, electronics stuff. Didn't expect anything. Then within a couple of days, I got a response.

These speakers didn't look that small when I picked them up, but damn they're heavy. Bang and Olufsen Beovox S60 4-ways. But when I got home and placed them on top of my monster Polks, they sort of disappeared into the background :lol: OK given their minscule size compared to the polks, I didn't expect much but hot dang, they really sound spectacular. I'm definitely impressed. I've always wanted a pair of bookshelfs because currently, the Polks are connected to the power amp and I didn't want to have to always fire up the amp just to listen to the radio, but the receiver is too wimpy to power it up directly. These didn't look like bookshelf size at first, but Here it is:

IMG_8333.jpg

It's the one on top, lying sidewyas which is barely the width of the Polk towers. I'm not taking the grills off to photograph, it's too high and too hard to pull off while lying sideways, but its the same as these (not mine):

Here's the other 2 items the fella passed on to me:

IMG_8335.jpg

A 1-knob AM/FM Realistic Tuner, and a Pioneer integrated amp.

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Ok, I'll take them! o_O:w00t::clap::lol:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Nice. So that's all you said, "want electronics stuff?" Not boomboxes or receivers specifically?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That's a great score even if you don't need or have space for them. You always find a spot!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
"Wanted, old electronics such as radios, stereos, speakers, etc."
There's another lead in the works right now. Will see if it materializes. Not expecting any M90's though, lol.
Facebook Marketplace and Nextdoor are great places

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Some of these bookshelf are superb, i picked up a pair worth a grand with ribbon tweeters a few months ago.....i would go as far to say you don't need large speakers anymore my 5ft mission are gone that's how good they are/////////congrats Norm :beer2:

Last edited: