Death Row re-issue cassette's

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Available at www.tapeheadcity.com

Coming out on 4/20/21 to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of Death Row Records, 4 of their classic titles will be reissued on cassette with exclusive color editions only available at Tapehead City. Albums are Dr. Dre "The Chronic, Snoop Doggy Dogg "Doggystyle", 2Pac "All Eyez On Me" (2x tape set) and Makaveli (2Pac) "The Don Killuminati (7 day theory)!

you can pre-order them directly thru Tapehead City! They are being announced to the public tomorrow morning, but we wanted to give our newsletter subscribers first access. https://tapeheadcity.com/collections/death-row-records

DOES NOT SHIP TO UK due to Brexit

Tell Charlie BOOMBOX MAGAZINE sent you!

Death Row re-issue Cassettes.jpg

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Ordered all (4) just now. Tried to the "prison versions" (no J-card) just for rarity, but all were sold out. Still at 1000 copies, for the versions I ordered, these should skyrocket in value in no time. Thanks for the heads up Lasonic!!!

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Received mine on the 19th, listening to them tonight. Review of quality:
1) Cases are cheap and fragile
2) Tapes used are cheap, completely molded and sealed (no screws).
3) J-Cards are thin and cheap, accurate as far as information.
4) Sound is not bad, sound is separated nicely and clear. Doesn't sound like they were recorded with dolby, which is fine by me.
5) Value has quadrupled since they came out, expect them to go up ever more.

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Spoke too quick, emailed THCity about the sound quality on The Chronic. First 3 songs on side 1 are more hiss than music. Emailed them and they're sending out a new one. BTW, mine was the Smoke Tint case version. I also noticed the felt pad on this tape is really weird, odd color and such. Will see what they replace it with. Doggystyle & Makaveli has this same loud hiss in areas (short areas), but sounds great otherwise.

2PAC ~All Eyes on Me~ is the best sounding of the bunch. Clean and clear.

Last edited:

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Got my Dr. Dre replacement today. Since it wasn't sealed, they obviously listened to it prior to shipping. It sounds fantastic, I emailed them to let em' know. Good to know they care and have great customer service. BTW, not only does the tape sound 100x's better, the felt pad is normal. The other tape had issues keeping up with stereo sound. Buy with confidence!