check out this Aiwa cassette deck for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MasterBlaster84 said:
How much was that price, no let me check it again, okay I cleaned the crust out of my eyes but still I can't be seeing that price correctly can I?
Maybe he meant 2,500 Yen. I'd definitely go for it then. :-D

Wow! I know the Aiwa XK-S9000 is nice looking, but $2,500 USD? :-O :thumbsdown:

AND...

Only one picture in the listing???!!! :annoyed: :nonono:

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Give the guy a break. After all he spent a lot of time providing a very through description of the deck. He did say "Condition = VERY GOOD by ONE-ORNER" Whatever the hell 'orner' means, it must be good.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
milosancho said:
He did say "Condition = VERY GOOD by ONE-ORNER" Whatever the hell 'orner' means, it must be good.
Wow your right, I never seen one-orner electronics so it must be very rare and valuable. I better get over there and offer him $5,000 right now to make sure I get it. :lol:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
I had one and they are awesome the cassette door is motorized and you can connect a Toslink cable for Digital recording!

It cost me around $900.00 at J&R music back in the early 90's.

The only thing is that this unit is very delicate and I've read on TapeHeads.net how they tend to break down.

I never had an issue with mine in fact mine must have more than 100 hrs. of playback & recording time.

I kick myself for selling her! :'-(

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Boom Shaka Laka said:
Please 'splain how you can record digitally on a deck that isn't DAT or DCC.
I know for sure theres no comparison from a DAT format.

I used to owned a Tascam DAT can't recall the model.

This particular tape deck comes with a pair of 18 Bit D/A converters it is located on the back of the deck.

The Aiwa is in a total different realm.

The other cool features are the Dolby S, Record Calibration for each Bias and of course it has HX Pro.

Perhaps you can shed some other technical enlightment on this.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Juan is correct.... That deck does have digital i/o's, but it records an analog signal onto tape. You can use those tapes in other decks.

It is considered a holy grail in the tapehead community. Up there in status with the likes of the Nak Dragon, ZX-9, CR-7A and the Revox & Tandberg high-end units.

The price is a bit optimistic, but for a pristine, fully working example of this deck, I would not be surprised at all if it actually sold... It is much more rare than the Dragon or the other top line Naks.

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/aiwa/tape-decks/xk-s9000/PRD_121100_1595crx.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.