Big Ben Is Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elflaco65

Member (SA)
Feb 16, 2015
baddboybill said:
Are the tape heads in down position? If so the unit is out of sleep mode. But like I said earlier sleep mode causes unit to actually stay powered on. If you have no sound there is something else wrong. Check with headphones first. If you get sound then the headphone jack has corrosion most likely. If no sound you can check record bar like Floyd said because if it's corroded it to will not allow sound through.

Bad Boy Bill
will look into that also..

Elflaco65

Member (SA)
Feb 16, 2015
k2j said:
I've had this happen on I think my sanyo 620 before I rebelted it.. If this is the case sometimes just spinning the big flywheel on the back of the cassette deck will manually drop the head back into resting position and kick the box out of sleep mode.

Just be sure not to press any cassette buttons after you do this in case it gets jammed on again and you have to open the box back up to reset it again.
OK so which way do i turn the flywheel ? clockwise or counterclockwise.

Elflaco65

Member (SA)
Feb 16, 2015
Thank you for all your help.. I will look into every advice you guys have given me. With the exception of the belt since there aren't any.. By the way where can i get belts for the big ben.. Does anyone know the size of the belts and how many are needed ?? Thanks again...

Elflaco65

Member (SA)
Feb 16, 2015
baddboybill said:
These should be belt sizes. They are usually 90% correct.

Bad Boy Bill
This is like the icing on the cake. Do you know of any suppliers that sells them ??

Status
Not open for further replies.