Anyone know much about the 4CM3326X? (Aka The Roadshow, Sharp Ct-5001)

Captain Wrong

Apr 29, 2018
I recently acquired one of these. I've wanted one since I was a kid. I thought this was the coolest electronic I'd ever seen. Mine needs a clean, but the one immediate issue I"m having is the TV isn't working right. I'm on mains, and I only get the lower half of the screen. I'm hoping there's something I can adjust somewhere, but I haven't had it open yet.

Netsurfer_x1

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2021
Texas, USA
I'd bet the electrolytic capacitors that work with the TV (& possibly all of them) are dried with age. That would be my first troubleshoot recommendation.

Captain Wrong

Apr 29, 2018
Since the TV stuff is likely beyond my abilities, I found a local TV guy who I think can fix it. I know it's really silly, since analog TV is dead, but I plan to hook my NES up to it. :D

mudman

Member (SA)
Apr 12, 2010
I think they sold a ton of these through Sears or GE (are they the same one?), I used to see them all of the time at the thrifts but not anymore. Follow this guys thread and you can actually watch TV on it again.

Reactions: Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Apr 29, 2018
I think they sold a ton of these through Sears or GE (are they the same one?), I used to see them all of the time at the thrifts but not anymore. Follow this guys thread and you can actually watch TV on it again.
100%. I remember seeing these back in the day and I loved them. It hits 3 spots for me. 1) miniaturization with the minicassette and 2) the kangaroo thing with the detachable cassette deck 3) so many things in one. It's not the best device by a long shot, but I still think it's cool!