AIWA TPR955 (CS-80) Speaker help

ScottSpeed

Nov 21, 2022
West Plains
Hello good people of boomboxery. I have been having the absolute worst time trying to get a good TPR955. So far I have purchased three of them. First two got damaged in shipping beyond repair that I would have wanted to mess with. Then the third one has blown speakers..

I had sold the first 2 just out of frustration and wanting to put the money into a better starting point and now I have a good cosmetic one but again blown speakers.

So does ANYONE HERE HAVE A REPLACEMENT SPEAKER FOR THE TPR955 OR CS80????? PLEASE.

I just want to have a complete functional tpr 955 but I am having the worst luck one can have..

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
If you just want to replace both speakers, you can get some at Simply Speakers.
They have extended range paper speakers with chrome dust caps.
I've used them numerous times and I believe even on a 950 or 955.
Behind the black screens and grilles, you'll never know the difference from the originals.
If you get them, make sure you get the correct ohm.
Simply Speakers

Superduper

Member (SA)
I just want to have a complete functional tpr 955 but I am having the worst luck one can have..
Well, you do know that these things are over 40 years old right? I would love to buy a fully working good cosmetic condition Porsche 914 or 356 or VW Kharman Ghia, or hell, even a complete non-rusted chevy Vega or something to stuff my 454 into. But dang, I got the worse luck. I shunned them back in the day, thought they were pure junk, now I wish I purchased and stored an example. Or two. Or three. Well, you get the idea.

FYI, The example displayed on wikiboombox might be for sale someday. If interested, PM me your contact information and I'll make a note of it.