Aiwa TPR-990 Needs your help

Taopaipai

Apr 8, 2023
Chile
Hello my friends.
I am not a professional, just an amateur with this beautiful Aiwa TPR-990 that after many years forgotten, needs to live again.

As you can see from the thread title, the problem is that the motor that drives soft touch is not getting power to work.

It is called M2 in the service manual.

I already checked that this motor works without problem.

If anyone has any clues it would be a great help.

Last edited:

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Have you replaced the belts? Make shure the mech is in the neutral position otherwise the contact for Play won't engage the logic.

Taopaipai

Apr 8, 2023
Chile
Thanks hopey for the comment.

After so many years all the belts turned into a sticky black mass so (after a lot of cleaning) I changed them all.

The main motor works perfectly but the motor of the soft touch system does not.
(I tried this with a 9v battery and it worked ok)

The gear mechanism rotates correctly and is in the neutral position, but the motor does not move at all.

01.jpg

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
There should be a block logic diagram as well in the manual. I would try to push with your finger the pulley for the keyboard motor to see if you can active the main motor. Also remove and check the correct operation of the NC NO contacts and resistance of motor shift micro contactor.

fyj2972

Member (SA)
Nov 29, 2011
california, usa
If M2 doesn't work at all, Here is what you should start from
1) S18 micro switch position is correct or not? See service manual page 5.
2) Lets assuming all keys position timing ( stop mode) is correct. you should check R302 fusible resistor on main PCB which is 12V power source to M2.