AIWA TPR-950 "Function/Mode" switch cap - WANTED

goill773

Member (SA)
What’sup fellas,

I finally came across an AIWA TPR-950 and man does it sound killer. I thought my M9990 sounded really good, but this blows it away with its level of precision and detail. The box came in really good shape, it’s just missing a “FUNCTION switch cap” (or interchangeable "MODE switch cap"). Does anyone have one they’d be willing to part with? If so, hit me up… very much appreciated.

Good lookin’ out everyone. Everyone be safe out there and keep blastin’!!!

tempImage2cspmy.png

tempImagehGPTZs.png

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I love my 950 & 955s, they're my favorites as far as overall sound.
Finding them with all of those caps is tough but finding them with both antenna holders in tact is almost impossible.
Congrats on the 950 and enjoy it.

Reactions: goill773

Demonfinder

Member (SA)
Feb 27, 2021
U.K
I love my 950 & 955s, they're my favorites as far as overall sound.
Finding them with all of those caps is tough but finding them with both antenna holders in tact is almost impossible.
Congrats on the 950 and enjoy it.
I'm still trying to source some 3D printed replacement aerial holders for my 950. The little company doing them has said it has been bogged down by other orders it has to do .
I've asked 10 pairs so if they eventually materialise I will offer the surplus on to guys on here at cost plus postage

Reactions: Tinman and goill773

Demonfinder

Member (SA)
Feb 27, 2021
U.K
Hi,sorry to hear you`re still searching.
apart from ebay and research to find out which other Aiwa models used similar switch caps I can`t think of a solution other than 3D printing.
I`ll keep a look out here in the U.K . though.

goill773

Member (SA)
Thanks Demonfinder & Hisrudeness for sending these links. I've previously tried haggling with this seller for these but there wasn't much wiggle room. It's unrealistic to justify paying almost $40 for a cap and and few knobs... Ugh! :bang:

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
They sold for about $20. That seems fair for a half dozen knobs. Can't really blame the seller for shipping costs, they're sky high nowdays.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yeah it’s definitely a fair deal if I needed all those knobs too… but since I only need the 1 cap, it’s hard to justify.
And yeah inflation sucks!!!
Given how often they come up, I would jump on the next set that becomes available and sell the rest of them that you don't need.