RockE

Member (SA)
Apr 13, 2011
Australia

RockE

Member (SA)
Apr 13, 2011
Australia
Not definitive, but when I need a belt I go to Jaycar and buy a mixed pack.

Ok thanks Terry, I'll check that out next time I'm there, I'd prefer to just know what belt I need and buy it from somewhere but mixed bag belts could work.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I use these belt packs too! Very good variety of belts, I've never had to order from anywhere else yet, but you'll only use about 1/3rd of the ones in the pack as they're also for VCRs.

They're 20bux and are in their inventory as 'drive belts'.

Rock On.

RockE

Member (SA)
Apr 13, 2011
Australia
I use these belt packs too! Very good variety of belts, I've never had to order from anywhere else yet, but you'll only use about 1/3rd of the ones in the pack as they're also for VCRs.
They're 20bux and are in their inventory as 'drive belts'. Rock On.

Cheers Gluecifer :), I found them listed on the Jaycar website today and will pick up on weekend.

I bought some blank tapes from Woolies tonight in anticipation lol, Last time I bought blank tapes would have been the 80's!

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Well, bad news on the Jaycar front!

The belt packs are officially a discontinued line.

The dude in the store said there may be some dotted around other states' stores, but there are none left in Victoria.
So if you've got a local Jaycar store, I'd be getting in there quick smart to nab all their drive belt packs.

He (and my repairer dude) said to do orders through Wes Components in Sydney. I've not done any orders off them yet,
as they're ordering system doesn't seem to be as straight forward as other online retailers I've dealt with,
however their site seems pretty comprehensive.

Possibly now the only source of belts in .au.....

http://www.wescomponents.com/

Rock On.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia

The dude in the store said there may be some dotted around other states' stores, but there are none left in Victoria.
So if you've got a local Jaycar store, I'd be getting in there quick smart to nab all their drive belt packs.

He (and my repairer dude) said to do orders through Wes Components in Sydney. I've not done any orders off them yet,
as they're ordering system doesn't seem to be as straight forward as other online retailers I've dealt with,

Hey Guys, WES is about 10 minutes from me and I've been getting my belts from them for a few months now.

They've got heaps in stock and I can recommend them. Luckily I can go instore to choose my belts so I'm not sure what they're like for mail order. :hmmm:

Rock On.

RockE

Member (SA)
Apr 13, 2011
Australia

Hey Guys, WES is about 10 minutes from me and I've been getting my belts from them for a few months now.

They've got heaps in stock and I can recommend them. Luckily I can go instore to choose my belts so I'm not sure what they're like for mail order. :hmmm:

Ok, I'll head out to Jaycar to stock up, they did have a few packets left, and thanks for the alternative source Alfie, looks like us Aussies are sorted for belts.

RockE

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
How easy is it to replace yourself? Does anyone have any tips?

It varies widely from box to box. Some are relatively easy and some I wouldn't dare take on.

Take plenty of pictures as you go so you can remember how to reassemble it and BE PATIENT..................... If you hurry you are very likely to do some damage to the circuitry or break soldered wire conections.........

Jeremy B

Member (SA)
Sep 28, 2011
Australia
I just picked up a belt pack from Jaycar in Cheltenham (Victoria) today. Plenty in stock apparently.

I bought the pack in the hope it would work on the VZ2000 i picked up on Friday. I'm a little unsure about which ones in this pack will best fit both the turntable and the cassette deck. Unfortunately, both are not working at present.

If someone who uses these packs could clue me in, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have just started to strip it down by following the great 85 page guide i downloaded from this site. Sadly, i have already broken 1 slider, but i needed 4 replacements anyway, so one more isn't a stretch.

Cheers

Jeremy

Deckard

Member (SA)
Sep 24, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and have a Sanyo M9930K.

The motor in the tape mechanism works, but tapes are being "eaten". I cleaned the rollers and capstans, but still having the issue.

I am looking for any words of wisdom you might have for this issue, and also for a replacement belt source for the two belts in this setup. One for the tape drive, and one to the tape counter.

The original Sanyo parts numbers are :

Square belt main 141-2-564T-15401

Belt 141-2-564T-16500

Also, I have the complete service manual for this model in a PDF if there is a way to upload it here.

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
I was about to apologise for the thread resurrection but realised Deckard has beat me to it :-) Drive belt packs are alive and well in sunny NZ - just checked the Jaycar.co.nz site and they are listed at $23.90. Might grab a bag, just in case I'm brave enough to tackle my non-working deck.....

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
I now realise I need a pack of drive belts. I decided to have a proper go at fixing the deck in my Toshiba, to be greeted by a liquorice 'worm' hiding inside the casing. Looks like it had fallen off the mechanism before rotting fortunately as there is no residue to clean, just need a belt that fits......"Hello, is that Jaycar......".....

Status
Not open for further replies.