Melbourne meet - november

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
So al you Au/NZ peeps (and all others are welcome to attend)

Shane has commented he will be in Melbourne first weekend of november 4/5/6th, who wants to have a meet then.

It is the weekend after melbourne cup so everything should not be booked out.

i am able to put someone up in my house (spare queen size bed) if need be and can start to look at venues if we can get some confirmations on this.

I know the owner (and have done some AV work) of this venue http://www.stolberg.com.au/home/index.p ... &Itemid=28 (there my old speakers in the top corner of the stolberg room) it has an awesome beer garden and nice function rooms.

or

have something here http://www.acmi.net.au/venue_hire.htm I could talk to my partner as she is in events and might be able to get a space for us.

Any other ideas, venues, dates

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I'm not sure anyone has enough property to host 5-10 dudes and a hundred blasters, Shane.

Only speaking for myself, of course. Be lovely to have it in someone's house. But I don't know if it's feasible.

Rock On.

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
We can do it at my place, not the biggest but it has a "COBURG" backyard (all concrete) I also have a tram at my front door and am close to tulla fwy and Sydney Rd.

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
tshorba said:
We can do it at my place, not the biggest but it has a "COBURG" backyard (all concrete) I also have a tram at my front door and am close to tulla fwy and Sydney Rd.
cool i love the trams could ride them all day
in fact i just mite do that
ok is everyone happy with that

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Guys....

Have been thinking long and hard about how to best move forward with a meet this year.

This is what I am currently thinking....hold the meet at my place.

Sure, this suits me, but there are some other advantages....

We have a fairly good sized block and the house takes a crowd well too, I can provide beds for three to four and loads of floor space too.

50 mins from the CBD, serviced by train and bus with easy pickup. Hotel 20 mins away with rooms from $99 per night.

Just now to choose dates....some may be in Melbourne for the cup, but this is a busy time. How about late or Mid November?

Just early planning at this stage...but I am happy to offer up my place...bbq, spa, etc.

Let me know your thoughts guys,

Cheers!

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
yes sold
people in mel will have to help out as i did not know how busy it would be after mel cup
but mid nov is good
a room for 4 wood be so cool as me the miss and neice and arron will be over
but we can all sleep in any room if not a hotel is fine
if anyone is up for a tour giude of mel you will be our next best friend
to be honest iam not shore about a venue a bbq at someones house is cool for me
me and arron talked about a mini bus as there mite be some collections we need to see in there own enviroment
i think if we do it ozi style with out all the glits and glamour just a bbq then of to town for dinner this mite be cool

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
ok these are the dates the sandgroppers will be in mel
11-17 nov or
18-24 nov
alfie , terry, graig and the other kiwi (sorry dont know your name ) and the other one from sydney
these are the dates me and arron will travel
not shore if cliff is coming sounds like he mite be in japan
i think most of the mel boomers can work around us
so its most sort of up to you fellas to say you will be there
rick if you can come up with a sort of tour plan that would be cool or if someone else has any ideas of what to do
as we are tourist for a week and we would love to see all the boomboxers we can
i plan to leave perth on a friday as to spend a weekend booming and then the rest of the week seeing mel and the hilly bits and the coast road and the ...................................
and me and the niece want to ice skate at the docklands
f..k theres so much to do in mel

ok lets make this happen
arron i baggs the queen bed

Sazeus

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Did you dudes ever end up doing this? I'm new to the game (not much to offer yet) but definitely keen to check out the next one when it rolls around.

Wanted: National RX-7000 or 7200

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Heya Sazeus, welcome aboard.

This one didn't happen. But we had a small meet after xmas.

Having another with hopefully me, RockE and sony_apm_fan around easter.

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.