Sharp 575

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxonman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2010
Iceni tribe the UK
Can you give me some advice please?? My 575 has be getting rather static in one channel, been working perfectly mostly with line-in. The static is always there through headphones, radio, cassette, line-in. It doesn't seem to be affected by volume ie. the sound from any source is as good as it always has been and the volume in the left channel is still the same as in the right. Also, the static is also apparent even with the speakers removed ie. you can tell by the meter.
I have changed the speakers just to make sure, also I have detoxed the volume sliders, line-in switch well all switches and it doesn't seem to make any difference. The static is erratic in the Adriatic. I assumed the static was coming from a bad capacitor on the amp board so I changed all the capacitors with no effect. Can I assume this amp chip related or is this pre amp ie. some sort of connection problem or bad capacitor component before the amp? Could this be also to do with the headphone socket? Any suggestions will be welcome before I decide to ebay it. Generally this machine is untouched from factory, I haven't opened it up before so there must be lots of 30 year old components in there.
Thanks, hugs and kisses

oh yer this is the wifes so it is important!! and the deal is if it can't be fixed she will have my 767/or discolite and we'll ebay/sell the 575 to and i'll be stuck with the m70 which isn't too bad!!!! but that means i have only 5 boxe's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.