Sharp GF-6060 - Noise problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

expert662

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello everybody, this is my first post in this forum.
I recently bought a Sharp GF-6060 in regular condition. The radio is working fine in the 4 bands.
I plan to use it as a speaker system with my ipod, using a cassette adaptor into the cassete compartment.
My problem here is that when I switch the selector to "tape" and then press play, there is a constant noise (kind of a ripple noise) only in the left channel. The right channel is OK. I can hear the music also in the two channels (in the left one it gets mixed with noise)
The noise is present either with the cassette adapter inserted or not and there is no noise when using the radio.

What I did so far :
Tested the boombox using 12V DC from the car battery : it works fine, the noise dissapeared so I think there is some trouble with the power supply section.
I replaced the filter electrolytic capacitor (2200 x 16V) in the power supply section but there is no change, the noise is still there.

would anybody make any suggestions? I have the schematic that I´ve found on the web.

Regards

Superduper

Member (SA)
With a blank cassette tape in the chamber, actuate the record mode on/off about 50 times in a row. You can do this with boombox powered off. Then see if there is any improvement.

If not, then one of the bypass capacitors might have failed. You can tell which ones are the bypass capacitors because in the schematic, they connect a signal to ground.

expert662

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Solved!
After a few hours of in-depth inspection I´ve found that the problem was a short circuit in the Radio/Tape selector switch. It seems that somebody has made some sort of servicing and left a tin drop between two pins
Now it´s working fine
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.