Photo

DONT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH bentleygt09 on EBAY.

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 9,808 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

You know... it really does sound like BentleyGT09 is on the meth or a relative of OCD4U. Nobody should need a damn flow chart for every deal Bentley does. :no:

#92 -GZ-

-GZ-
  • Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationBoom Central

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

this is f#ckin ruh tah did!!!

#93 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Nobody should need a damn flow chart for every deal Bentley does. :no:

Word.
Who is Mr Panasonic, anyway?

#94 71spud

71spud
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Well, here it is... I think this is all my communication with Bentlygt09. I may have missed one or two on my phone, I was having email problems with my phone and I had to change email apps at some point in the process.

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Does this cassette work 100% Including music scan?

- 71spud

Jvc Boombox Cassette Mechanism fits RC M70,71 and 75
Item Id: 120679941049
End time: Mar-04-11 14:04:39 PST[/quote]

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Yes it does!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

I have a friend who is right now fixing up some M70s for me. He lives a bit of a drive away from me, plus I am traveling a lot for work now. Would you be OK with sending this directly to him?

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Change your eBay address to his before checkout and i will send to that address. I also have other parts too!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

I don't know if I want to go changing my ebay and PayPal address... that might get confusing for them and cause me more problems than the drop-ship is worth. What other parts do you have?

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 3, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Only other way is to pay my paypal directly and leave an address as a note. I have every other part accept front case that holds unit it was damaged during shipping.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 4, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Thank you for shopping on eBay! Your total amount due is $106.97. More details about your purchase are included below.

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Amount
120679941049 Jvc Boombox Cassette Mechanism fits RC M70,71 and 75 1 $79.99 $79.99
Subtotal: $79.99
Shipping and handling via Economy Shipping: $26.98
Total: $106.97
[/quote]

Feb 4, 2011
[quote]Hi 71spud,

You made your best offer and now it's up to the seller. We hope you get it.

JVC PANASONIC SANYO Boombox replacement antennas
Buy It Now price:
$14.99
Your offer price: $10.00
Your terms: Combined shipping?
Offer expires: Feb-06-11 14:26:40 PST[/quote]

Feb 4, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

bentleygt09 has sent you a counteroffer for the following eBay item. You have 48 hours or until the listing ends to consider the offer.

Offer price: $62.50 (5 x $12.50)
Buy It Now price:
$14.99
Offer expires: Feb-06-11 15:47:43 PST[/quote]

Feb 4, 2011
[quote]Hi 71spud,

We hope you enjoy your latest purchase. The next step is pay the seller. Don't wait. Pay now to get your item within 2-11 days.

Pay with PayPal, the safe and easy way to pay for your eBay purchases.

Sale price: $12.50
Quantity: 5
Subtotal: $62.50
Estimated delivery: 2-11 business days
Sales Tax: (none)
Shipping & Handling:
Economy Shipping $4.50
Seller:
bentleygt09 [contact seller]
[/quote]

Feb 4, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Thank you for shopping on eBay! Your total amount due is $173.97. More details about your purchase are included below.

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Amount
120679941049 Jvc Boombox Cassette Mechanism fits RC M70,71 and 75 1 $79.99 $79.99
120675133337 JVC PANASONIC SANYO Boombox replacement antennas 5 $12.50 $62.50
Subtotal: $142.49
Shipping and handling via Economy Shipping: $31.48
Total: $173.97[/quote]

Feb 7, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Your items are packed and ready to ship all i need is your payment so that i may send them off!!!

- bentleygt09
[/quote]

Feb 8, 2011
[quote]Receipt for your PayPal payment to bentleygt09

You sent a payment of $173.97 USD to bentleygt09 (E-mail address has been removed)Thanks for using PayPal.
[/quote]

Feb 8, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

This is the name and address of my friend that is working on my M70. As we discussed please send all the parts to him. Thanks!

Scott ******
Baraboo WI 53913

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 8, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Ok i should have then in the mail within the hour!!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 10, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Other than the parts you have listed on ebay, what other M70 parts do you have?

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 10, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Minus What you already have all the knobs and front cover is accounted for. All other parts minus 1 antenna.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
RECEIVED PM FROM SKIPPY
[quote][quote name="skippy1969"]Well I got the M70 parts today.
It's not good news though.......
First off the cassette drive.
The stop button was bent "see photo" so I though no biggie I just bent it straight and put it in the M70 and fired it up.
it plays fast forwards and rewinds fine,but the stop button cannot be pressed while playing so what ever bent the stop button must have damaged something inside the deck itself like a linkage or something. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I dont see anything obvious.......
To make matters worse,the music search doesn't work either. It scans ok but it won't stop at the song so it is just like the deck we already have.......... :annoyed:
There was 5 antennas in there too. I hope they were not supposed to be like the original JVC M70 antennas because they are not.
"See pictures"
So overall the guy lied and said the deck worked 100% and it is worse that the one we have already.
This sucks!
I just thought you would like to know.

Bent stop button.
[/quote]
Posted Image

[quote]Antennas.[/quote]
Posted Image[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

My friend received the M70 deck today and it is not good news. Below is his assessment. I need to return this for a refund... sorry. I guess with your M70 received all busted up you were not able to test everything.

[quote](EDIT:FROM SCOTT)
Well I got the M70 parts today.
It's not good news though.......
First off the cassette drive.
The stop button was bent so I though no biggie I just bent it straight and put it in the M70 and fired it up.
it plays fast forwards and rewinds fine,but the stop button cannot be pressed while playing so what ever bent the stop button must have damaged something inside the deck itself like a linkage or something.
I dont see anything obvious.......
To make matters worse,the music search doesn't work either. It scans ok but it won't stop at the song so it is just like the deck we already have..........

So overall the guy said the deck worked 100% and it is worse that the one we have already.
This sucks!
I just thought you would like to know.[/quote]

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

I took this from a fully functional unit!! The bottom base was broken so i just dismatled it for parts.The Stop button was not bent and the proof is in the photo!!! You don't bend a part then try to return it saying it was bent!! The best i can do is discount any other needed parts for this unit.

- bentleygt09
[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Oh boy, here we go.... right with the attitude huh? I do NOT appreciate your accusations. This is how it was received. Period. It was either this way when you sent it, or it happened in transit. Either way, stop button damage or not, the music search function didn't work either. I had specifically asked you about that and you said it worked. It doesn't, so I am returning it within your 3 day window for a FULL refund. I also don't appreciate getting charged $31.48 shipping for what cost you only $11.65 to send. Ebay does not tolerate overcharging for shipping. If you would like to work things out let's do it. Otherwise I will open a case and let ebay sort it out. Too bad, if this deck worked I had planned on working out a deal for some of your other parts too.

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Im not making accusations Your 3 day window was voided when your friend bent the stop button. I will still try to make this right by offering you 1 other part needed for your unit with you just paying shipping. As far as the scan it was working fine when i sent it off.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

You mean when he tried to FIX the stop button by bending it back? Or are you referring to your accusation that he bent it in the first place? I am confused. If it was never bent in the first place like you claim, and it was not bent in shipping, then do you think he lied about bending it, and then lied about bending it back? Yes, I am sure you would have been much happier had we sent it back the way it was and did nothing. Then you could say we bent it on purpose because we didn't want it or something. Trust me, I wanted it to work or I would have never bought it in the first place. Bottom line, the deck won't STOP and the neither will the music scan. It is entirely possible that it might be the same issue. I also wanted/needed some of the other parts you have too. But until you get passed making baseless accusations that will never happen.

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 11, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

I pack all items with care. Im sadden that this is going on but i have to hold my ground that the unit was fully functional.It was tested before i put it on eBay and it worked completely!!! I will make another offer to give you 1 item from what i have left. No charge and i will handle shipping!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Have you figured out what other parts you need? I can send out monday!,

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Bentleygt09

As you know there are 5 basic components in the M70.

1. The main board and chassis assembly This has the amp circuit cassette power supply,tuner power supply,function switches.
2. The slider board assembly. This has all the sliders on it.
3. The cassette drive assembly. This also has the music scanner attached to it.
4. The tuner assembly.
5. The power supply.

Basically everything except the power supply is assembled to the main chassis and can be removed by taking out a few screws.

I am in need of number (1) (Main Board and Chassis assembly) I would consider this part an even swap for the cassette drive assembly (3)
I also need (2) and I think it is worth about $40. I can send $40 to cover that.

Of course I am assuming everything works as you say. Please pack it with an extra layer of bubble wrap for safe shipping. The cassette damage had to have happened in shipping. I believe the stop button was probably just fine when you sent it. However when my friend (whom I trust 100%) opened it up it was bent. These things happen and I appreciate being able to work towards a civil solution. Hopefully this will get my M70 up and running, minus the music search (this was the only thing wrong with my original deck that I was trying to fix with your part)

Let me know if the parts I described make sense to you and if you agree to the extra $40 for the slider board assembly (my treble slider is shot btw.... that is what I am trying to fix with this. no treble takes the life out of the music, let me tell you)

Regards,

Joel

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Leave me feedback and i will sed all them all out. After you receive the items then you can send the $40. Just have to cover myself!!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

I left positive feedback. Thank you, I will send the $40 as soon as we receive the package. Please send it to the same address as before. A tracking number would be great so we can anticipate when it will arrive.

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Shipping items out as promised Monday.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 12, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

I always have a tracking # and I will send as soon as it's shipped. Any other parts needed??

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 13, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Well, you never know... I have as you know issues with major parts of this M70. When they get working other issues may show up, but there is really not much left to go bad. I think the power supply is ok.. and the speakers... but like I say, you never know. I may have an issue with the tuner too, but I won't know that for sure until the main board is in. If you are offering selling me additional parts, how much would you want for "everything you have left" and just what is that list?

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 13, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

I dont have the knobs or the front body of the unit. I will send the board but it was never tested. All the left over parts but the back has no antennas. I will give you all of them for $100 all in before shipping! I will cancel the ebay parts as soon as i get the payment. Or i can just stick with the original plan. Let me know.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 13, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

So bottom line, how much do I need to pay to get everything you have left, shipping included, including what you were going to ship on Monday? Tested or not, just everything you have, carefully packed to avoid further damage (as-is, no expectations, I hope it works, but it is my gamble)

BTW I have knobs, and a good front so I am OK there anyway.

- 71spud
[/quote]

Feb 13, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

$115.00 the 15 is for shipping!!! Package deal!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 14, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

OK I will do that, I will pay you later this morning.

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 14, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Sounds good my account on paypal is E-mail address has been removed.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 14, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Thanks, I am back in my office now, I will get the paypal out in a few minutes.

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 14, 2011
[quote]Your payment for $115.00 USD to E-mail address has been removed has been sent. [/quote]

Feb 14, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Your tracking # is 03100480000373162134 usps

True friends arent found when you are on top. They are the ones you will find holding the ladder!!![/quote]

Feb 16, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

I checked the tracking and USPS says there is no record of this item being sent yet. Is the tracking number incorrect? Thanks!

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 17, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

I will go to post office today to see what the problem is. I will contact you soon after.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 18, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Still no activity in the tracking... What's the deal? Did you talk to the post office?

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 18, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

They said it was missrouted and should be on its way!!

- bentleygt09[/quote]

Feb 19, 2011
[quote]Dear bentleygt09,

Still no activity on the tracking number. I fail to see how they could either know it was misrouted or find the package and re-route it with no activity on the tracking number....

- 71spud[/quote]

Feb 22, 2011
[quote]Dear 71spud,

Item was returned to me today due to postage error. I reshipped it and new tracking # is 03102640000012590414. My apologies for the delay.

- bentleygt09[/quote]

March 1, 2011
Switched from ebay communication to email so I could send a picture....

FROM ME
[quote]I came home today from my work trip and THIS is what I got from you. How do you explain this??? A Panasonic??? Where are my M70 parts that I, in the end, have paid over $200 for???
[/quote]
Posted Image

March 1, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I must have switched labels by mistake at post office. I have to see where your parts went. [/quote]

March 1, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]I did some investigating. The tracking number you gave me did not match the number on my parcel. It does appear to match another package that was sent 3 min different, from the same place, by you. Hopefully the person getting my M70 parts is the one who should be getting the Panasonic. You had better contact them and have them send my parts to me before they get "surprised" I will send their package to them as well....

The tracking number you gave me--

[/quote]

Posted Image

[quote]The actual tracking number on my package---- (only 2 digits were switched.... I had to look twice to make sure I was reading it correctly)[/quote]

Posted Image

March 1, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Ok your parts are still on its way. Like i said there was a mixup with the mail. Your tracking # is 03102640000012590414 usps could you forward that package to;

Gardner ******
Douglasville Ga 30135

Your package is sent to:
Scott ******
Barboo, wi 53913

I need an email to put postage fees in your paypal account.

Sorry for the mixup!!
[/quote]

March 2, 2011

PM FROM SKIPPY----
[quote]quote="skippy1969"]Hey Joel,I got the M70 parts today. :sad:
What a frigging disaster......... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
The ******** packed the parts like shiat. :annoyed:
The tuner board is broken because he just threw the powersupply between the tuner board and the back panel.
The back panel is a piece of shiat too,the antenna mounting studs are broken off,so basically it is like al the other M70 backs we already have.
What a frigging joke........... :annoyed: [/quote]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

March 3, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I need your paypal info to pay you for return shipping of panasonic.[/quote]

March 5, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]This is where the panasonic was supposed to be sent.

casey ********
Fitchburg, WI 53575
[/quote]

March 5, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]Ok, I will send it to him and let you know how much the shipping was. I was only home for 7 hours on Tuesday before I had to leave on vacation. If I have no flight delays when I come home I will be home very late on the 9th and I can send the panasonic to him on the 10th. He should get it on the 11th or 12th.

BTW the front of the tape door has fallen off on the Panasonic. Was it this was when you sent it? Old glue is pretty brittle. I can leave it like that or fix it before I send it off. Your choice.

Regards,

Joel

My PayPal is E-mail address has been removed you can pay for the shipping after I ship it off and we know exactly what it is. USPS parcel OK? I think that is how you sent it.

[/quote]

March 5, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Leave it like it is!![/quote]

March 5, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]OK!!!!
[/quote]

March 13, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Get a chance to ship out the panasonic??[/quote]

March 17, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Can you give me an update on the panasonic??[/quote]

March 20, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Can i get an update on the panasonic??[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]The buyer of the panasonic is demanding a refund. Did you send it out? If so can i get the tracking #!
[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]I actually have not been home in almost a month. Multiple work trips merged into one... it sucks. I gave my wife the forwarding info. I will check with her. I will be home thia weekend in any case.... hopefully home for at least a week. Cant complain about working these days....
[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]You never returned the cassette mechanism. Im in need if some parts. What you have left that you havent used??
[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]I didnt think that was part of the deal... it wasn't working and I don't belive my friend ever was able to fix it. I will have to check back in the emails. Btw the second batch of parts were poorly packed and the power supply damaged both the main and tuner board. Cracked in fact. For spending about $250 I really got not much of anything of value. Not counting in the $250 were the 5 antenna which worked out very nicely.... but everything else was a disappointment to be honest. If you need some parts back I would be more than happy to accommodate you.
[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I can buy the volume board from you. I need the right volume but i can take it apart myself. Whats your price??[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Tell me what parts you need to get your m70 up to par and i will search!![/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]My last M70 still has a deck that is not fully functional. It works just fine, but the motor never shuts off and the music search does not work. My friend will detail the condition of the remaining parts so I know what still has value. I think I am done buying M70s and having them worked on. Most were sold to me for about $400 each, claimed to be full working.... and I am into them another grand in parts and labor to get the 6 working that way... I love M70s.... but enough is enough I guess...
[/quote]

March 25, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I have had 5 m70's and have sold 3 with happy buyers. I have 2 left One is fully functional and Its on eBay with my m80 and my m656. I try to keep 1 at all times. My babies are my rc550 and my sanyo M9998. Im keeping them foever!! I need a volume board for my m70. Then im good since the body is near mint.[/quote]

March 26, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Any word on the volume controls? I have a rainbow strap that fits the m70. [/quote]

March 26, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]No word.... like I said it will be April 1st before I can meet up with him and get the unused parts back.

Btw I know the guy making the straps. He used my original as a prototype. I ordered 30 of them... [/quote]

March 30, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Was the panasonic sent out?? If so when???[/quote]

March 31, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Can i get the status on the panasonic??[/quote]

March 31, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]It was sent last week... I have no tracking on it.[/quote]

March 31, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Thanks!!!
[/quote]

April 2, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I want to extend to you my apologies and since you and mr panasonic made contact. I would like to know the amount of refund that would make things right with you as i emailed him the same. Im not the ahole you think i am and in no way trying to get over. I had to be sure that he received his item before extending you this!![/quote]

April 3, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]I dont know if you recieved my first offer of a partial refund but again im contacting you to try to make things right. I know im not obligated but im one of the few that cares about customers i deal with. Make contact so we can come to an agreement.

Are you a dream maker or a dream breaker???
[/quote]

April 3, 2011
FROM ME
[quote]Yes I received your offer of a refund. I am travelling for work again now and I didn't have time yet to go through what was usable and what wasn't in the parts you sold me. But here goes..... Minus the antenna, which worked out well, I think I spent $250 with you. The deck I bought didnt work as received. I did end up using parts off of it and two others I had and created a one working deck. The poor packing, or lack thereof, of the second batch of parts resulted in the loose power supply damaging both the main board and the tuner board. It cracked them and they are junk now. The back panel you sent was slightly better, slightly, than the two I had so that was used, but the antenna mounts had to be rebuilt. There are some odds and ends like buttons that might have some future value, but that is about it. I am perfectly honest when I say that only 1/3 of what I received had any value whatsoever. This is due almost entirely I assume to shipping damage. I have not forgotten the shippin saga about that batch of parts either.

So what would it take to make me happy? a lot I guess. Starting with you not being paranoid about me, my friend who worked on my M70s, my friend who sold you those straps, and some other guy who I never met, but just happens to live in Wisconsin.

Oh also I spent $12 reshipping that Panasonic for you. BTW I didn't appreciate you forwarding my personal information to your customer just because you thought we were running some sort of scam on you.
[/quote]

April 3, 2011
FROM BENTLEY
[quote]Ok i am refunding you the $12 for the shipment of Panasonic. Return all unused items from second shipment . Soon as i receive them i will refund you $77(2/3 of price you paid for second shipment) Agreed???

Are you a dream maker or a dream breaker???[/quote]

April 3, 2011
FROM PAYPAL
[quote]Hello Joel Mullen,

Just thought you'd like to know gardner kilgore sent you $12.00 USD.
[/quote]

And the rest of my communication with Bentleygt09 took place in this thread....

#95 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,099 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

Wow, I just read it all.

Sounds like he still owes you money :hmmm:

#96 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

Damn, that was a painful read.

Not sure what's so difficult about wrapping each object in bubble-wrap.......I am no "pro wrapper", but letting a power supply rattle around inside a box is pretty lame, if indeed that is what happened.

#97 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Personally, I would have walked away after the cassette mechanism fiasco, regardless if the seller had more parts or not. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Also, there is no way it costs $27 to ship a cassette mechanism.

#98 71spud

71spud
  • Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Personally, I would have walked away after the cassette mechanism fiasco, regardless if the seller had more parts or not. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Also, there is no way it costs $27 to ship a cassette mechanism.

I know... I told Skippy that I was taking a chance.... but I was getting nowhere getting the parts I needed for him to do his job....

Besides.... I thought it was "fool me once, shame on you... but I will give you a second chance, without recourse, and after leaving positive feedback, and if you fool me the second time as well then I will then post the whole deal on a website" :dunce:

#99 swansoncj10

swansoncj10
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMADISON, WI

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

spud... i feel your pain. i keep looking at that pic of the box... is that rust spooge all over it or what is that? i need to stop looking at the pic, it makes me grumpy.

& was "Mr. Panasonic" meant to ridicule me? it was pretty funny, but ive never owned a panasonic... & STILL DONT!!! but now that i think about it i think i bought one couple months ago that i still havent recieved.

on a side note, i heard the 5600 was actually a great sounding box. mayb some day i will hear one IN PERSON.

#100 swansoncj10

swansoncj10
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMADISON, WI

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

& it was $100 for a box that looked twice as nice as the pic spud posted.

sent from Mr. Panasonic7000

Sent Date: Feb-16-11 07:53:30 PST

I just received my RX-7000 today and need room for it. How about $100.00 plus $20 shipping. Hit me up at *********1@aol.com.

- bentleygt09

#101 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Wow!!...this is a mess I wouldn't wish on anyone. Needless to say I will NEVER do business with this Bentley character. That Panasonic looks like a rust bucket and all those JVC parts are broken and he has the nerve to charge money for that crap?...this should be a lesson to us all to beware of who you do business with... :thumbsdown:

#102 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

Some flat-out ownage being handed out....

#103 MasterBlaster84

MasterBlaster84
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,080 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Wow I just passed out reading that long painful string of exchanges. :-O

#104 shane higgins

shane higgins
  • Members
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

iam going to write a book on this bloody funny

#105 swansoncj10

swansoncj10
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMADISON, WI

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

CONCLUSION:

got the box finally, was refunded $30 back(even tho we agreed on 35, but whatever) since there were speaker issues that were not in the description... it would only play out of the left side sometimes in line in & tape mode. so i took the box apart & found a loose connection on that speaker, resoldered it, cleaned it all up & it turned out to be a great box after all that drama. just needs a couple levers & knobs to complete it. & that wasnt rust all over as it looks in the before pictures, it was some really hard sticky rust colored krud that came off with hot soapy water.

before:
Posted Image

after:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#106 Strānj-Bōōmbŏks

Strānj-Bōōmbŏks
  • Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • LocationSantiago de los Caballeros de Mérida, Venezuela

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

WoW!!! Those pics you just posted are sure night & day swanson!!! I'm very happy that everything turned out alright... :thumbsup:

#107 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Looking real nice ;-) glad you got a partial refund too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#108 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,099 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'm glad this worked out for you in the end. Very very lucky. Good looking box too after you cleaned it up :cool: .

#109 docs

docs
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

:drool:

#110 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,944 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

I'm glad this worked out for you in the end. Very very lucky. Good looking box too after you cleaned it up :cool: .

bottom line = you are happy :-D :yes:

#111 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the update, swanson. :-)

#112 swansoncj10

swansoncj10
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMADISON, WI

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

no prob.

also, the deck door was not broken off. it kinda slides/snaps on rather than how most slide on & off... & spud had snapped it back on before sending it to me. so it was nice to see that wasnt even an issue.

& to add an edit:

have any of you taken out the tweeters & speaker grills on one of these??? cuz holy sh@# is it a pain in the ass... the tweeters are held in by plastic tabs that are melted over where normally screws are. & the melted plastic is part of the front shell, they are like six little plastic rivets that hold the tweeters on, so i had to snap those off & drill my own holes & buy my own screws. & then.... there is more glue on the tabs on the grills than i have ever see on a box(i wish i had taken pics of the glue & the plastic rivets). its a really really hard tacky glue that keeps the bent grill tabs down & i had to use a heat gun to loosen it up because there was so much of it. just a warning to anyone who is considering taking apart a 5600. quite a little project compared to taking out grills & tweeters on other boxes.

#113 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

This dude is now trying to sell "LED upgrade" boxes on Ebay...as "transformgt"

Apparently one of them already sold (an RC-550) ..... hope it actually pans out. :-/

#114 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

This dude is now trying to sell "LED upgrade" boxes on Ebay...as "transformgt"

Apparently one of them already sold (an RC-550) ..... hope it actually pans out. :-/

I saw that one :hmmm:

#115 -GZ-

-GZ-
  • Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationBoom Central

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Thought Bentley was from atlanta or somethin....and transform is from out west?

#116 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Click his name, their accounts are linked.

#117 skippy1969

skippy1969
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,428 posts
  • LocationBaraboo Wisconsin

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

It looks great!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
I'm glad it turned out it the end for you...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We need to visit sometime. :yes:
I live in Baraboo.
Oh yeah......DIBS on that Panasonic,LOL! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

#118 -GZ-

-GZ-
  • Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationBoom Central

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Click his name, their accounts are linked.

10-4