DONT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH bentleygt09 on EBAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
shaddy, i made a deal w/ him for a good price on a box outside of ebay to help him out on the tax & bring the price for me down... BIG MISTAKE. its been over two months & i havent received my box. he said UPS sent his shipments to the wrong people & that some guy that received my box would ship it to me. now ive just told him to credit my payment back to my paypal account & he hasnt responded to me in two weeks. sorry if any of you know him... but hes shaddy. not to mention his 50 bid auctions.

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
should i just file a "did not recieve my item" claim through paypal? maybe some of you have already gone through this. any help would be appreciated. i just really wish i would have done the tranaction through ebay so i could at least write bad feedback... so instead i come to boomboxery :-D

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Dude, I hate that for you. I guess you missed this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9358

He's also a member here and uses the same name. See if you can get him by PM before his account disappears.

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
i saw that thread about him but that thread was started in march & i bought the box from him in early Feb & the price on biding wasnt an issue. it was a real nice fully functional panasonic rx-5600 for $100. is this guy that hurt that he cant credit me back a benji? seems to be making plenty off his 40 bid auctions. he wont respond for two weeks & then he will he will write back every now & then "oh weird i wasnt getting your messages, anyways im waiting for a tracking number from the guy who accidently received your box."

when i file a dispute paypal states this "We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly" huh??

should i just file a "unathorized transaction" on my paypal... or is that shaddy on my part?

how about he keeps my $100 & and all of you on here never support his ebay business? even trade, karma is a bitch :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
redbenjoe said:
is paypal confused ???

it WAS a purchase of goods :huh:
Exactly! And you know there is absolute NO WAY he can prove he sent it to someone else. I guarantee you this POS doesn't have a UPS / USPS / FedEx tracking number for it.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Paypal will not cover person to person transactions. They will lock your claim and tell you to deal with the person directly.

Example I had:

Craigslist seller was selling NEW take-off rims and tires. One picture of one wheel. Looked great.

We couldn't figure out a time/day that we could meet up.

A buddy of his had the wheels at his shop. I said I will be around the area and if he wants to leave them outside I will pay via paypal and just pick up the wheels when I drive through.

Paid $1,000 via paypal

I show up at this shop late and the wheels are outside luckily. Tires are 1/2 tread and the wheels are nicked up and a little curbed/scratched. Not even close to "NEW take-offs".

Well, I have to take them with me because there is no one around and the guy has my money in his paypal.

I told him to refund the money and I would take the wheels back to that shop.

Guy won't respond to emails anymore, phone disconnected, and he moved seriously in like 2 days after I got these.

Paypal said to me exactly what they said to you..... :-/

Still have the wheels/tires on my truck:

Superduper

Member (SA)
When you pay via paypal, you have the option of selecting goods, services, gift, money owed -- etc.

Goods is the only method where they can help you. But if you select one of the other choices, then you are in trouble -- doesn't matter if it's for goods or not, if you select any other option, then that becomes a problem. Now, if he sent you a bill / invoice, then you might lose the ability to choose.

My recommendation: If you paid via credit card -- go contact them and file a claim that way. Paypal has a 45 day limit to file a claim. I'm sorry to say but if you've eclipsed 45 days, your window for claims is gone ane paypal will not help you. But your credit card vendor will.

There is another way of getting back at him but I don't think that appropriate to discuss on a public forum ;-)

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
thanks for all the input. yeh, prob just going to contact my credit card company... or buy his JVC just to unleash the dragon on his Ebay feedback :-D

Superduper

Member (SA)
swansoncj10 said:
thanks for all the input. yeh, prob just going to contact my credit card company... or buy his JVC just to unleash the dragon on his Ebay feedback :-D
Well, just understand that it seems his JVC has sold 4 or 5 times already. Each time, the description becomes more and more vague so if you need to resort to feedback, it might be due to real reasons for the current transaction.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Makes me think people are bidding to themselves, with fake accounts, so that they can raise their feedback and prove that they have sold high-dollar items.

As for Bentleys, no thanks.......Those cars are too big & heavy, and their image has been ruined by their customer base.

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
superduper, i cant post feedback on his ebay account because we made the transaction outside of ebay, thats the frustrating part. & now of course after i sent him a nasty email through ebay he finally responds, saying that hes responded to all my messages & that i must not check my spam folder... i dont know how other people ebay accounts are, but mine doesnt have a spam folder. now he's telling me to leave him alone because he believes the box was delivered to me but cant provide a tracking number or any type of shipping information.

what a headache :annoyed:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Makes me want to punch him right in the DICK!

I will email him through his auctions about your boombox. What did you buy from him, was it a panasonic rx-5600?

PS, I just emailed him:
When are you going to send my friend his panasonic rx-5600 he paid you for? If you aren't going to ship it then refund his money. I would suggest taking care of this issue quickly. Thanks.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
blu_fuz said:
Makes me want to punch him right in the DICK!

I will email him through his auctions about your boombox. What did you buy from him, was it a panasonic rx-5600?

PS, I just emailed him:
When are you going to send my friend his panasonic rx-5600 he paid you for? If you aren't going to ship it then refund his money. I would suggest taking care of this issue quickly. Thanks.
Heck, just send him a PM:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2322

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Will do, thanks ;)

Title: Some people have issues with you....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9755&p=120291#p120291
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9358&hilit=bentleygt09

You bought 3 boombox straps from me, and you paid like you said you would. The thing that bothers me is your auctions and now where your money has been coming from. It seems that you rip other people off on items by not sending them anything they paid for or you have some crazy amount of high bids on your auctions FROM THE SAME PERSON!

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, I always thought that it was merely a matter of time before somebody gets ripped off by him. Like I said, when someone conducts their life in an unscruplous manner, that behaviour often carries over into other areas too so it's no suprise that this has happened. Either a person is trustworthy or not, and there is usually no in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.