conion c-100/clairtone 7980 loose wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
its coming out from where the picture is. the loose end isnt shown. yes its white. so its connected on the circuit board beneath the power and alarm switches. in between the 3 orange resistors? dont know the terms? im a newbie.
i'll have to look at your pics again when i get home. gonna be another 15 hour work day. thanks for the help...i'll get back to ya.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
-GZ- said:
its coming out from where the picture is. the loose end isnt shown. yes its white. so its connected on the circuit board beneath the power and alarm switches. in between the 3 orange resistors? dont know the terms? im a newbie.
i'll have to look at your pics again when i get home. gonna be another 15 hour work day. thanks for the help...i'll get back to ya.
You mean the 3 brown caps on the tuner board :-O :-O :thumbsup: I do not have a wire coming out from that point :hmmm: :hmmm: sorry :sadno:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
hilarious. :lol:
thanks bill. i wonder what mine is for?
i have no idea what to make of it then.
is your box in good working order?
im stumped. wonder if anyone else will look at this thread?
appreciate your time.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
-GZ- said:
hilarious. :lol:
thanks bill. i wonder what mine is for?
i have no idea what to make of it then.
is your box in good working order?
im stumped. wonder if anyone else will look at this thread?
appreciate your time.
How long is the wire :huh: :huh: Is you tuner working 100%, If so just tape it up if you cant figure it out for now ;-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
My box is 100% working..I replaced all belts and cleaned inside and deoxited controls...I also had to replace my deck motor in the one deck and make a new spring for the deck door but it works great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
awesome. you did all that already!?!? damn!
just wondering why a box in fair working condition would have an extra wire or why your 100%er doesnt need one?
my box has problems!! sounds great....but...definitely need to hit with deoxit and clean the hell out of it. tape one dont work. tape door and 2 screw posts broke off during delivery tape . and that little crack on the tuner window drives me crazy!! i wish i knew someone i could just send it to to fix it!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Well good luck GZ, the screw post are somewhat simple... Try to use 5 minute apoxy. It comes in two parts that you have have to mix but is super strong as long as you do it right and wait 24-48 hrs before screwing into it. As for the rest it's either find parts or repair yourself or sell it and use proceeds to get one in better shape :-)

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
baddboybill said:
How long is the wire :huh: :huh: Is you tuner working 100%, If so just tape it up if you cant figure it out for now ;-)
didnt see that post.

its over 18" long and the radio works fine. who knows?

yeah i got some JB weld and some other stuff.....just waitin on my 70% refund from the seller before i do ANYTHING to it.......gonna hold onto it and try an get another one...want the conion and clairtone.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Just to BUMP this thread, that white wire from the tuner board goes to the back side of the external antenna screw post on the back case. This is ONLY on the Clairtone AKA of this boombox. I have been inside the Helix and the Conion as well and neither has the extra white wire. Maybe because Canada (where Clairtone was sold) has a wide area of communities spread out really far, this maybe boosts radio signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.