No Love for QLD Meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
There's been very little talk since the poll.

I'm inclined to plan a Melbourne meet for later on in the year as it was a close second, and is a lot more local for me and therefore much easier to plan and help organise.

I'd love to make this QLD one happen, but we need more people on board.

It's time to really decide if this is something you want to put in some effort to make happen.

It's all gotta be teamwork, rockers!!

How many Melbournites have we got here who want to be part of something?

Rock On.

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Gluecifer said:
There's been very little talk since the poll.

I'm inclined to plan a Melbourne meet for later on in the year as it was a close second, and is a lot more local for me and therefore much easier to plan and help organise.

I'd love to make this QLD one happen, but we need more people on board.

It's time to really decide if this is something you want to put in some effort to make happen.

It's all gotta be teamwork, rockers!!

How many Melbournites have we got here who want to be part of something?

Rock On.
For sure, happy to be part of something in Melbourne.

But, would have been happy with Brisbane too.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
I was afraid this may happen :'-(

I think the main problem we have at the moment is that we have not picked
an exact date to work around.
No matter what date we decide not everyone will be able to make it.
I offered up the fact that i would be at the Gold Coast from the 4th till the
11th of april and thought this might be a good start date to work from ??
Im all good if its not :-/ , just wanted to offer a good start point.

Thoughts on a venue...... well i figured some of you guys will be staying at a
hotel, so perhaps that would be enough space for us to take over :-D .

Another option i can offer for a venue is a very close friend of mine lives directly
opposite the theme parks at the Gold Coast and i know, without even asking her,
that she would love to have us there. No room to stay but a good place to meet up.

She lives in a complex of units so it is small place but it is a unit and just her and her
little boy live there, and trust me, this girl is into music more than all of us and
she would love it if we rocked up there with our Blasters !

Glue ??? is that any help ?

Another option..... you guys are welcome here anytime for a meet :yes:

I dont have any spare room to speak of for anyone to stay but Bunbury is a City and
i do live inner city but with lots of outdoor space and i am literally walking distance
from some very reasonable hotels and motels. Im also walking distance to the beach,
the shop is over the road as is a 24hr fuel station etc etc...

and i do have over 300 radios for you to check out, just saying :lol: :lol: ..... they are not all
grails but i would have a few nice surprises to show you i think, and Shane is in Perth and he has
plenty too ! Im sure he would be happy to show you :yes:

Ok, thats all i got at the moment

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Great stuff AZA!
If anyone who can make the trip to QLD for the dates AZA mentioned then post! If you can't, POST.
If you've got any other ideas POST!!

These things never happen without a bit of commitment.

Rock On.

WEYLAND/YUTANI CORP

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
ST HELIERS,AUCKLAND,NEW ZEALAND
Sorry guys as mentioned I am going through some heavy **** at the moment and its just not a good time at all however to me it does make sense to meet in ricks neck of the woods as he has a collection worth drooling over for some time. Later in the year would be ok over some sort of weekend and would travel the distance to meet you guys no matter what. New job marriage breakup and trying to buy a house on my own for me and my 3yr old is a major. Sorry guys :-/ ;-) :'-( :no:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
WEYLAND/YUTANI CORP said:
Sorry guys as mentioned I am going through some heavy shiat at the moment and its just not a good time at all however to me it does make sense to meet in ricks neck of the woods as he has a collection worth drooling over for some time. Later in the year would be ok over some sort of weekend and would travel the distance to meet you guys no matter what. New job marriage breakup and trying to buy a house on my own for me and my 3yr old is a major. Sorry guys :-/ ;-) :'-( :no:
Good Luck Nige, hope all goes well. I'll be in Rick's neck of the woods later in the year too :yes:

abadacus

Member (SA)
Oct 27, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Melbournite reporting for duty! pleasepleaseplease don't hold the melbourne meet during 26 Sept - 30 Sept as I'll be in Queensland during that period!

@WEYLAND/YUTANI CORP
Good luck mate..

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Things are moving along nicely, well done guys.

I wish you the best forr this trying time for you, Nige. Looking forward to catching up for some good times when you can.

Rock On.

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i was saying end of year in Mel for me ands suzette hopfully not school holidays and in sydney next june for doggy nationals
i mite look at nov 6 in mel as its suzettes birthday
so we will get away for aweek
so let look at around nov 6 th mel
as half of yous are already there and arron mite come with us theres got to be a good turn out of at least 6
anyway we want to see the big ben (rick)

nz boom

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2010
o well look like its only me and terry for the QLD meet. i am meating up with terry saturday 16th just like to thank rick for trying to get somthing going on this meet thanks mate :surf: :thumbsup:

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Iam planing a trip to Mel in Nov with the miss and hopefully arron
i wont know a date until june
nov 6th is suzettes b'day so sometime then sounds good

but there a princes room with bunk beds if any one comes to perth then a 2 hour trip to arron f..ken well worth it if this is your life

but me and arron are having a W.A. meet on sunday 8th may so come on over :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.