Aiwa TPR-950 / TPR-955

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Anyone take one apart recently and remember how it came apart?

I got a TPR-955 that I purchased a couple years ago. Missing balance knob and shaft. Thanks to a kind UK member, the impossible became possible and I was sent a new knob with the entire pot attached. Want to install it now but chassis doesn't seem to want to come out.

Asking if anyone has any photos or can remember how it all came apart. Does the deck have to come out first, or does it come out with the chassis. I'm sure I'll eventually get it out if I remove enough screws. But the lazy azz in me wants to do it the EZ way, if someone knows, rather than removing any more screws than necessary which only makes for more werk when reassembling. A manual, of course, would be even better.... Thx.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
norm you got the back cover off ,all the screws inside all the front bottons and tape door right ,, ok now look to see how the cassette door sits ,,i belive the chassis comes out pulling a bit from the bottom up but i think you have to push the bar that hold the door in in the process ,, i was really trying to think about a string with spring that also need to be detached from that bar ,, norm when i get back from work if no one else know i will check mine again... :-)

Superduper

Member (SA)
Deck door window are fastened at the bottom left/right and the screws thread through the metal door hinge.

Externally, the 950/955 appear almost identical except the color is slightly different and the 955 has a music search feature so the top left of the tuner window has an LED to display program #. Where the handle below the deck fastens to the front cabinet on the 950 -- there is instead two switches.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
The deck is remove with the chassis in one piece. :yes: :yes:
The cassette door needs to be removed and the hinge pushed up to the doors closed position before the chassis will come out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Believe me I know,LOL! :annoyed: :yes: :yes:

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
That's it, that's what I was trying to say... you take out the 2 allen screws from the deck door, press eject and then give the deck door hinge a little push inwards and up and there you go! ;-)
I thought that might be what you were trying to say,I just thought I might say it a different way........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
Superduper said:
Deck door window are fastened at the bottom left/right and the screws thread through the metal door hinge.

Externally, the 950/955 appear almost identical except the color is slightly different and the 955 has a music search feature so the top left of the tuner window has an LED to display program #. Where the handle below the deck fastens to the front cabinet on the 950 -- there is instead two switches.

[ Image ]
norm send it too me ok :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.