Reel tapes needed! (teac or reel cleer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I was wondering if anyone had a stock or line on used reel tapes?

I scored a pink teac one and now have decided I can't live without more, but the price of new ones shipped from the u.s through ebay is appalling (usually $12-20 a tape). It seems a complete waste for me to buy them new as they are going to be used and recorded on.

If anyone has any help or suggestions I'd be most grateful, and I'm certainly willing to pay good money for them

...just not silly money.

thanks brothers!

Rock On.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I remember some of us bought hundreds of the Reel Cleer tapes a long time ago. There was a big bulk, wholesale thing and the seller was sold out before he knew what hit him. After that he raised the prices considerably.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Yea, the normal REEL CLEAR tapes are actually not bad at all. You should definitely take up that offer.

And, over time... if you still want more.... I would encourage you to find the type II versions on eBay with the gold reels, I highly recommend those. They may cost a bit more, but they are a really decent quality tape and you can find them in 90 minute lengths quite regularly. IMHO, that would at least make the postage down under more worthwhile.

Also, if you're not in a big hurry, I'm willing to make some of those purchases on your behalf and have those tapes sent to me. We can settle up via paypal later. I'd then send the tapes to you via a "non-trackable" method. I think that will save you a considerable amount of moolah as US ebay sellers prefer to ship international packages via a trackable method due to the "trust" issue.

When you get my envelope with the tapes I just sent you, let me know how much the postage was... Sorry, but I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I don't think it was that much... Trackable shipments down under from here are stupid-expensive though.

Talk to you later!

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thank YOU JT!!!

Really, that would be amazing, the shipping from u.s ebay sellers is what kills the deal entirely.
We must discuss this further indeed, my Cassette Compadre!

Rock On.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
ahardb0dy said:
are all the gold ones type 2?
To clarify, I don't know if ALL Reel Clear gold reel tapes are type II. However, I have some here that are gold and they say Chrome Type II on them. Plus, they are C-90's. I think the big flood of these tapes from a year and a half ago were mostly Type I, C-60's.

Reel-to-reel tapes in 90 minute length are actually quite seldom.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thanks for the hot links Tony!
I'll be hunting a few of those down with JT's aid as soon as he gets my package of tapes.

And there'll be some coming to you too for those mastermixes as well!

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.