jvc strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

res1

Member (SA)
Nov 27, 2010
Lithuania Vilnius
Can somebody tell me the jvc strap buckle measurement? It would be great to see all measurements in picture if it possible. THANKS

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The dimensions are wrong on that drawing in the link.

You don't have to make your own, I am making some that will be for sale :yes: .

These are just the prototype pictures, the strap slot still needs to be cut/punched in the clips. The two clips and the buckle are going to be part of the kit and will be black for now and I will send some out for galvanizing later. For now you will just have to make your own strap, but I soon will have those available with riveted connections instead of stitching. The original JVC straps are rivited.

Here is an original:

I also did this and can make these for anyone:

Alright. I think the tool and die option is just out because of the cost.

I tried the seat belt modification trick to a set of belt clips I had at the house.

This clip I didn't have to modify at all but is longer and it has the extra cutout that I don't like. Upside is that these are 100% chrome and won't get rusty. The downside is it has the big plastic end on it:

This clip all I had to do was take about 1/8" off the very end of it. This is a thicker material than the original JVC clips so it fits much nicer. Downside is the plastic end and I had to grind off the chrome on the end.

This is the same clip as above, but with the plastic and part of the clip removed. You can see the black marker basically where I would have to modify the clip so that it will accept the smaller 1" strap instead of the seatbelt size strap. The strap slot we have a punch for and the rest of the clip I will have to modify with the bench grinder. Downside is that there is more time in modifying, I am grinding a lot of the chrome off those edges so they might rust unless they are stainless steel. Upside is that they will accept the small strap and won't be much biggger than the original JVC clips:

Status
Not open for further replies.