Aiwa CA-30 speaker dislodged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointdexter1906

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2010
So, as I am carrying my large, very heavy Aiwa from one room to another, I hit it against the door, and noticed some minutes later that I had dislodged the speaker from the housing... :blush: Now the good news is that since this is a 3 piecer, this should be fairly simple, even for a guy like me. Just wanted to run it by the experts - is this as simple as supergluing it back to the housing, or more involved than that? The foam and everything else looks fine, it's simply the entire speaker has fallen away from the speaker cabinet. Thanks everyone!

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
did it tear all the way??? if you are talking about the speaker post that have broken off with screws attached :hmmm: :hmmm: you can glue them back on you will have to take the screws off and glue each post back on ,,a good plastic epoxy is good and jb weld should work also just make sure you mix it as the direction says and leave it overnight until it cures completely then i would check to see if its good then add some more glue around it as a added help ,,you dont have to but i do just to make sure it stays in place .. it has worked for me... :-)

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
Can u post a pic of how bad it is? Worse case is you might have to put a nut and bolt through the cabinet from the main section to secure it. Or if it's the speaker itself that came loose you just might have to glue it in place.

liveis

Member (SA)
Apr 10, 2012
Prague
Hi, maybe can be helpfully for you, that i have 2 black CA-30 speakers. The machine exists no more, but i kept the speakers. Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.