Hitachi TRk-9100e - sound fading out problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jont

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2011
Wotcha,
so I have a hitachi trk-9100e that i ve had for close to five years now, and an intermittent fault has finally got to the point where i m going to have to fix it.
the issue is, that when you turn the volume above about a quarter the sound starts to become uneven and then fades out completely occasionally burping some sound briefly if you leave it long enough.
It happens on radio and tape deck.
I ve got inside it and just need to get my multi meter back so i can start checking power and such, but has anyone got any hints/had the same issue.

Any titbits appreciated.
ta

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
hi and welcome to the site... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: the first thing i would do is deoxit the record bar, funtion switch, and volume pots then once you make sure you tackle that first then if that does not work then you have to start checking your volume pot ,, but cleaning out those things i just mentioned more than likely will cure some of those problem on most boxes especialy if they have been sitting for a very long time without use..... :-)

jont

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2011
thanks dude, i'll get a can of air this weekend and try blasting everything and see if that fixes it

muto

Member (SA)
Mar 13, 2010
Finland
Remember to clean the little micro switch near function switch. I have had similar problems with my 3D7 and 8190.

Status
Not open for further replies.