Crown CSC-950L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
Happy new year to you all! :cool: 2011 has kicked off pretty well for me and you will see why! :-D

This lovely box arrived a few days ago. I've been after one of these Crown's for ages, and am happy to own my very own 950, in my opinion one of the best looking boxes EVER. :yes:

Here's some pics...

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Very nice! Love the tape door on those --- The scale is very unique how it's inlayed into the window instead of being attached to the outer trim.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
Reli said:
Very nice! Love the tape door on those --- The scale is very unique how it's inlayed into the window instead of being attached to the outer trim.
Yes, it gives the door 'dimension'. It reminds me of the GF-777 doors, which also have the scale inside, but they're hinged. Classy.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
Kenpat said:
Breathtaking! Love the chrome around the tweeters...so thick... :thumbsup: :drool: :cool:
Oh yeah! :surf: Since I started collecting I always wanted to own a box that has lots of chrome, and the chrome around the woofers is really thick on this one! :thumbsup: And like you said, the chrome round the tweeters is thick, I like the squareness of the trims and grilles. This box definitely wins points for design. :yes:

Also, thanks for all the great comments everyone, they're really appreciated. :-) One of my favorite things about collecting boomboxes is being able to share my hobby with like-minded people on these forums. :yes:

DrmZ

Member (SA)
This Crown started my collection and is still one of my favourites. Everybody should have one!
And its a good boombox for every day use. Good sound, good size and weight and not too hungry on batterys.
I used my 950 a lot the last two summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.