tape deck question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Not a boombox but could be related to one. My Aiwa AD-F990 home tape deck that I just picked up today after being repaired is not working right. When I got it home and hooked it up the left channel was not working. Even the left meter does not register. I took it apart and found 2 wires on the head were backwards, fixed that still not working right. Anyway spoke to the tech and he said it was working on both channels when he tested it. Went out to shed and checked the head again and found a different wire had broken off the head, soldered that wire back on and tested deck, both channels worked!!, BUT also noticed after playing for about 10 seconds left channel will go dead, let the deck sit with power off for a few minutes and than both channels work fine again, and over and over, may be a temp. intermittent problem but where? Cap, resistor, etc. ??? anyone ever have a problem like this? At least I have something to tell the tech now.Thanks

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
yes, but every time he works on it he is fixing a specific problem, and the funny thing was when I took it back to him he was holding it vertically and both channels were working!!. last time he thought it was ok it was working for him when he checked it so I don't know why it didn't work when I got it home.

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
No I just had it sitting flat, he'll figure it out, hopefully when he does there won't be any more suprises, when it did work for me for the few seconds I had one of my old mix tapes playing in it that was made on it and it sounded good. I'll give him a week or two than call him.

Status
Not open for further replies.