18 sealed TDK MA-R's!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Since this is not a boombox auction, I'm hoping our Buy-It-Now rule does not apply... :-D

Can't wait to see how this one ends..

I'm going to step out on a limb and predict 1050 Euros. :lol:

[ebay]150531305140[/ebay]

If money were not an object, I'd buy em just for the convenience of getting that many at one time.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
jaetee said:
I'm going to step out on a limb and predict 1050 Euros. :lol: [ebay]150531305140[/ebay]
I was wrong. They "only" went for 971 Euros! :lol: :lol:

Man, I'd love to find a case of those in a thrift store!

Wait and see... in another 10 years they'll be going for $200-$300 each.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MasterBlaster84 said:
jaetee said:
jaetee said:
I'm going to step out on a limb and predict 1050 Euros. :lol: [ebay]150531305140[/ebay]
I was wrong. They "only" went for 971 Euros! :lol: :lol:
That proves it, you don't know what your talking about. :-P :lol:
Like we ever needed "proof." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superduper

Member (SA)
I got 2 remaining (out of a case of 10 that disappeared over the years) but I can confirm that these are simply awesome tapes. The sound detail that can be captured far surpasses other tapes I've used, although admittedly, I did not try all the top tapes. The music I recorded from 32 years ago still sound as great today as when I first recorded them.

They also look waay cool too but for looks, the silver teacs can't be beat, imho.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Glad I still have all my OG's.

One thing I will say about these MA-R tapes you can re-record over and over and the tape will not crease. What I mean about crease is on a cheap tape if you re-record after awhile on the edge of the tape you'll notice a crease or folded line.

The sound quality is great although my friend John differs with me on this.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
ford93 said:
The sound quality is great although my friend John differs with me on this.
:huh:

Where did that come from??? I never said the sound quality wasn't great.... I may have said that I think that the newer MA-XG and Sony Super Metal Master seem to sound a bit better to me, but I never said I didn't like the MA-R, or that it was anything less than a great tape! At that level, they are all pretty much A or A+ tapes.

I think I have four or five of them and they are cherished possessions...

Even at that, none of the super-metals (Maxell Vertex, Denon MG-X, TDK MA-R & MA-XG, That's Suono, or the Teac) are worth the money being asked for them nowadays.

Sure do wish I would have loaded up on them back when they were still readily available, though...

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
John thats what I really meant the sound quality in comparison to the MA-XG & the Sony Metal Master. I did not mean that you don't like the MA-Rs John I for one know that you love em'.

I guess since I didn't mentioned the comparo, you thought otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.