Sanyo m4500 deck problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman-uy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
So far away the South - MVD - UY
I found the following problems with the deck.
1) the FF does not act properly, the button does not get the position.
2) and I have a doubt with a engranage, one of the deck, is engaged with the other, but on the other deck no. Which is the correct?
please patient with me because I do not drive well right of English technical terms, and also are my first steps in repairing deck :-/ :-/ :lol: :thumbsup:

weetabixears

Member (SA)
Nov 5, 2010
birmingham ENGLAND
from the one pic you can clearly see the teeth are not engaging is the cog worn down or is the mechanisim not going into its full position to make contact check there is no blockage of dust build up on mechs if not that look at the cog

Superduper

Member (SA)
Those pictures are meaningless to decipher the issue. That's because we have no way to know the position of the cassette function keys at the time the photo was taken. Many cogs, especially FF and RW cogs float in neutral and swing on demand to contact the appropriate cog for the function called. Someone very familiar with a M4500 might be helpful and offer suggestions though. I'm more familiar with the M9990 and M9994 and don't have a 4500 but if memory serves me correct, it's a single deck machine that looks a bit like the M9990. The OP said something that sounded like he had 2 decks? Or maybe I just don't understand what he's saying.

chevyman-uy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
So far away the South - MVD - UY

forgot to say first that I have 2 M4500, :-/ after being carefully looking at one and the other found the problem,axis marked by the arrow was moved backwards, lockout the gear. to see that also note that the wheels that move the cassette were displaced backwards.
the cassette door was not operating well, making the tape touch the wheels, and forced off all the way back.
thanks for yours response ,and VERY THANKS to try to understand my description of the problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.