Help with rebelting a Sanyo MR X-920

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Anybody got some ideas about the best/least painful way to rebelt one? I'm taking it nice and slow and got to a point where I'm not sure where to go next.
I've got the cassette deck mech 'out' but it looks like something out of Hellraiser. I can't really work out what needs to be removed to get to the flywheel and motor.

Is it best to disassemble from the back towards the front?

Also, how many belts are needed?

Thanks rockers.

Rock On.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
it was a great box but i looked at the deck twice and said no way i am messing with this thing , i don't mind a box with a simple cassette mech as long as long as it works right thats all i care about ,the bad thing is a very large portion of my boxes have high quality obscenely complicated decks so i can't win :lol:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thanks guys. At least I know I'm not alone in the belief this deck is beyond my limited skills.
As a rule: anything Norm struggles with I avoid entirely.

I'm just doing a tweeter replacement and some other little bits and pices to get her firing properly, but I'll leave the deck to torment my repairer dude.
Thanks again, brothers.

Rock On.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Oh boy :'-( , this has made me realise im not even going to open mine.
looks like mine will stay line-in only.

Still looks and sounds :sin: though !

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
After rebelting my 920 deck stopped workin too (over here is some technician joke - the closing poltergeist- sometimes when all is back to places something going wrong and thats it :lol: ) . Im afraid to open it again and will go to the service shop . But just enjoying the line in and radio now. Its scary to work on that beauty :-D .

Van Presence

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Parnassus, NZ
Superduper said:
I think once you get it like this, you need to remove the parts from behind the flywheel. It's a PITA, believe me. Not the easiest box to work on, that's fer sure.

I can't remember how many belts but at least 2.

here i am digging up really old posts. is this as far out you can get the deck out, without using soldering iron? i have got mine to this point but 1 wire is soldered on
the 2 next to screwdriver. not much room to play with, do i have to remove them?DSC02950.JPG

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I've worked on my Sanyo MX-720K and after a while,I'm not going to fix the deck with what tools I have and limited well lit work place. The 720 is no fun,the Sanyos are not easy deck to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.