walkgirl
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

hello :-)

I do think walkmans are very technical little things, way too complicated
for my poor mind :-D

Must take one apart one day to see what the fuss is about, when it was a success
I tell you all about it :

#2 monchito

monchito
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,601 posts
  • Locationpythonville florida

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

watch it nicolle its been known for people to get electricuted with a walkman :drunk:

#3 ahardb0dy

ahardb0dy
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationSorrento, Florida (Home & Host of the Original sunshine mix)

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

I just took my Aiwa HS-P02 apart this past weekend, I can verify to you they are technical, now to find belts for it..

#4 rapigator

rapigator
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

watch it nicolle its been known for people to get electricuted with a walkman :drunk:

ha

#5 walkgirl

walkgirl
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

:thumbsup:

I did not try it yet, because I have no time :huh: :-D

#6 k2j

k2j
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

Yep, I've got a little kangaroo that needs repair and WOW, I actually think its beyond my tech repair skills. :(

Did you ever find time to open one up yet walkgirl?

#7 monchito

monchito
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,601 posts
  • Locationpythonville florida

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

here is the run down on why i do not mess with them if they work i leave them alone .. walkman are designed to be small,,lightweight even with batteries but opening one up is a diffrerent story mostly the wires are super thin i mean thin if u do not watch out u can pull it off very easily even worse if u did not look at all the wires were they go and it come off i do not want to think about it :sadno: :sadno: if its a wire attached to the condenser mic and its hidden u have desmantle the whole thing just to solder the wire while trying not to pull the rest of the wires apart :bang: :bang: :bang: then trying to seperate the main board holding it while trying to remove the super small screws and if they dont want to come off then there is this big fight :bang: :bang: and then some more wires being snapped off :bang: ,,then there is the belt issue which has to be thin if not it will rub against the metal plate or worse yet not move at all so u need the correct belts,,other than that if u have sound issues or somthing is not right ,,some component are very small boards are small traces are very small ,, if u have the time and mostly patience to deal with the above then go right ahead ,,it really takes a steady hand having a table where u can set it down and desmantle the sucker all btw remember the small plastic parts they can snap easily ...that is why i do not work on them,i have done a couple of them but each one will be either much harder or not that hard.. :-) :-)

#8 walkgirl

walkgirl
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

all my walkmans are still complete :D