Boomboxery Mini-Meet #1 (Palmetto, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Earlier this week I got a PM on the other site from Frank (Hemiguy2006) that he was going to be heading up to Tampa for a work related training certification thingy. That meant he would be driving within 1/2 of a mile of my house (thats 0.8 km for our European members)! I then thought it would be a good idea to also invite Juan (Ford93) to come by as well, as he has been itching to see my newly acquired M90!

Thus, Boomboxery Mini-Meet #1 was established! No badges were made for this one, but we did have plenty of boomboxes, beer and burgers on hand.

Needless to say, both the back patio and the man-cave DJ booth area got a good workout last night as we shared music and technology. Topics of the evening included boomboxes, site moderation, cigars, DJ club dynamics, sound systems, cassettes, music and this new site.

I would also like to point out that our first toast was in honor of the Fatdog's efforts in putting together this new forum. It was a boomboxery toast!

Overall, a grand time was had by all... And the guys thoroughly scrutinized my new M90 and ran it through its paces. Overall, they both approve... I got a good one! (which I pretty much already knew, but it was good to hear from some "experts")

Here are some of my pics... Frank took some as well, which I'm sure will eventually make their way here as well...

Bye, Bye Kaboom - In the studio room... :cool:

M90's in Stereo :thumbsup:

These guys look guilty, don't they? :hmmm:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
That's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up with us, jaetee. I guess it's official now. The Boomboxery meets have begun. :thumbsup:

I like Juan's expression in the first pic. :-D

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Fatdog said:
That's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up with us, jaetee. I guess it's official now. The Boomboxery meets have begun. :thumbsup:

Yea, looking back, it was really a great night. If I could change one thing, I should have busted out the red Boomboxery Brotherhood T-Shirt I got from Uncle Ed in Sorrento.

Oh well, next time!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Man-That looks like so much fun!!
I wish I could have been there.
Thanks JT for the cool photos.
Man I have to get one of those M-90's soon!!!!!!!
Thanks again-GB.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Awesome shots JT.
Thanks For having us over!!
I had a great time last night.
It was great DJing on those 1200's of yours.
it Brought back fond memories for me of back in the day.
We had some great conversations the three of us and the stories were great.
Your Place is awesome and the man cave is a great spot.
I would love to have you guys over sometime and we can Jam at my cave as well.
Class was boring today |-) and have another 8 hours tomorrow.
Oh well Im going to grab dinner , Then get the Rising up here to the hotel room and Jam out.
Probably get the pics up tomorrow night!!! :-)

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
hemiguy2006 said:
Awesome shots JT.
Thanks For having us over!!
I had a great time last night.
It was great DJing on those 1200's of yours.
it Brought back fond memories for me of back in the day.
We had some great conversations the three of us and the stories were great.
Your Place is awesome and the man cave is a great spot.
I would love to have you guys over sometime and we can Jam at my cave as well.
Class was boring today |-) and have another 8 hours tomorrow.
Oh well Im going to grab dinner , Then get the Rising up here to the hotel room and Jam out.
Probably get the pics up tomorrow night!!! :-)
Right on...! I do see a trip to Naples in our future! Good luck staying awake tomorrow...

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Fatdog said:

Yeah, I was sending the spirit to HiFiTom!
To Meathead a nice :thumbsdown:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Here are some more pics of the mini meet.
Did Ed get left out???
I didnt know he lived nearby :'-(

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Cool pics, HG2006! I'd love to take a gander through jaetee's record collection. Maybe one day I'll get to experience the Man Cave. :-) I also spotted some badges. What are those? :-P

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Awesome pics, Frank! Thanks for posting them!

Yea, I dropped the ball and forgot to call Ed. He lives maybe an hour and a half north of here. My bad!

isolator42 said:
In that last pic, is that a Philips CDR775 i can see peeking out from under the table below the decks?
Yup! You got it! My dad got that from ubid.com six or seven years ago for $120 and gave it to me. It was a refurb unit and has worked fine all this time. Talk about a total parental hookup!

The only stipulation from him was that I would occasionally digitize an album for him!

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Damn! Tryin to keep up with all these posts! Anyway, looks awsome guys! :thumbsup: Glad to see you all getting together locally. Bobby and I are working on our fourth "local" get together. Maybe we can get some more Tennessee members involved. I lose by defalt since I am apparently the only one in Alabama with a clue. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.