Universal belt kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
Avaiable in our local radio worker shop. :thumbsup:
Repaired some boxes with them, works great.

They are avaiable in 2 different kits.
Long ones and short.
Kit 1: 18-56millimeter
Kit2: 60-124millimeter
Each package 18 belts.
10€ / kit

If anybody need such, let me know. :-)

chevyman-uy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
So far away the South - MVD - UY
Hello, you believe that with the 2 kit will have the correct measurements for a Sharp GF 9090?
If so, I think it's easier to buy them through you, to ask them to USA, let alone revive the European economy a bit !!!!! Thanks :lol:

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
chevyman-uy said:
Hello, you believe that with the 2 kit will have the correct measurements for a Sharp GF 9090?
If so, I think it's easier to buy them through you, to ask them to USA, let alone revive the European economy a bit !!!!! Thanks :lol:
If you wait a bit, i can tell you.
One of my 9090 needs new belts. :yes:
So i could tell you.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I was looking for a kit like that just so I had something here. Looks like a good variety. Are they square or round?

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
chevyman-uy said:
ok thanks again and hope to have some luck. Maybe you can take pictures of the belt replacement, for reference use to change mine
found a broken belt inside when it apart to clean it, but no idea where it is!! :thumbsup:
For sure i will do some pics.
And i hope the belts are just broken and not turned into black dirt. :annoyed:
I hate those "transformers" :thumbsdown:

blu_fuz said:
I was looking for a kit like that just so I had something here. Looks like a good variety. Are they square or round?
:agree: some different sizes :yes:
They are square!

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
blu_fuz said:
Are square belts pretty typical for boomers?
Think so... :hmmm:

but i replaced a belt for a member on a tiny AUDIOTON mono.
And it had a flat belt. :-O
No idea where to get.
But i replaced it with one of those - also worked fine! :yes:

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
chevyman-uy said:
ok thanks again and hope to have some luck. Maybe you can take pictures of the belt replacement, for reference use to change mine
found a broken belt inside when it apart to clean it, but no idea where it is!! :thumbsup:
awful news from my 9090 :'-(
no idea how to repair it.
on the front side are 2 belts.
they fit from the smaller package :yes:
supereasy to change

but on the backside there is the main belt
a flat one :-/

but on mine that belt is ok
everything working, but the "spooling wheel" not turning.
there is a pressure wheel between capstan and spooling wheel
dead - the gum transformed to black dirt.... :'-(

Just looking into my parts-9090, maybe there is the wheel ok.
wish me luck... :blush:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hey Ramon,

Give the washer around the wheel a serious clean with alcohol and cotton buds. If that doesn't work, this is what I did. Things were reluctant to spin once I reassembled the mechanism so I figured it must be something to do with the back plate that covers the main belt. I think it was because there may have been a spring loaded screw on the back.
To fix the issue I used the same material as I used to replace the "black Goo" as washers on the screws for the back plate.
Bingo! Back plate is secure but doesn't prevent anything from moving freely.
If thats not very clear I'll try to post some pics on Sunday?
Let me know because I wont open it up unless you need me to :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
alfie said:
Hey Ramon,

Give the washer around the wheel a serious clean with alcohol and cotton buds. If that doesn't work, this is what I did. Things were reluctant to spin once I reassembled the mechanism so I figured it must be something to do with the back plate that covers the main belt. I think it was because there may have been a spring loaded screw on the back.
To fix the issue I used the same material as I used to replace the "black Goo" as washers on the screws for the back plate.
I ran into this problem with back plate and it turns out the screw that attaches to the white arm needs to be kept a slight bit loose in order for the arm to swing back and forth... :-D Alfie how did you get the tiny rubber hose on the capstain shaft :huh:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
baddboybill said:
alfie said:
Hey Ramon,

I ran into this problem with back plate and it turns out the screw that attaches to the white arm needs to be kept a slight bit loose in order for the arm to swing back and forth... :-D Alfie how did you get the tiny rubber hose on the capstain shaft :huh:
Hey Bill,

A very small set of pliers and a little bit of patience :-D

Best of luck :thumbsup:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
ViennaSound said:
alfie said:
Hey Ramon!

Check out this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6977

It sounds like the same problem I had with my 9494 a couple of weeks back. This thread solved my problem :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:agree:
the wheel on the red arrow makes problems :-/

[ Image ]

@chevy: took some pics of parting the box
Posting soon, maybe helps. ;-)
Ramon, it is usually not the wheel the red arrow is pointing at it is usually the little rubber that fits onto the Flywheel that the white arrow is pointing at. The wheel the red arrow points at rolls along the little grommit on the Flywheel that the white arrow is pointing at. The grommit turns to mush and the wheel ends up with goo all over it. Clean and replace the grommit with some radio control fuel line from ebay and all will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.