sharp vz-2500 drive belts????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupiteer

Member (SA)
Oct 19, 2010
hi , i was hoping that someone might be able to help, i now have 3 of these and am hoping to make at least 1 good one for myself. they seem quite easy to get into but i dont know where to start looking for turntable drive belts etc? does anyone know where i could start please? thanks very much , regards steve

pupiteer

Member (SA)
Oct 19, 2010
hi , thats invaluable information , thankyou . i wondered if you would know the best way to order say 2 full sets of these? rollers and belts. there seems to be some come up but not really uk? thankyou again,very much.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
pupiteer said:
hi , i was hoping that someone might be able to help, i now have 3 of these and am hoping to make at least 1 good one for myself. they seem quite easy to get into but i dont know where to start looking for turntable drive belts etc? does anyone know where i could start please? thanks very much , regards steve

hi and welcome , i hate to ask but out of the 3 vz 2500 you have could you spare a cover for the turntable door ?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
pupiteer said:
hi , thats invaluable information , thankyou . i wondered if you would know the best way to order say 2 full sets of these? rollers and belts. there seems to be some come up but not really uk? thankyou again,very much.
The Search can be your friend:

viewtopic.php?p=73247

pupiteer

Member (SA)
Oct 19, 2010
yes i did search under vz-2500 but did not see much. i found the post mentioned and have checked but they seem to be us sites.
as for the question posted about my front panels , i dont really want to part with anything yet and at any rate 2 of them leave a lot to be desired anyway (i understand that up to a couple of years ago you could buy new ones????,that would be great to have one of those.)

i bought one of the machinesas "restored", with new pinch rollers and band but it skips and whirs??? by that i mean play roughly half the cycle at right speed and slows for the rest (up-down-up-down etc.) so i thought i would try one of the others with new rubbers...........

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
pupiteer said:
i found the post mentioned and have checked but they seem to be us sites.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: Ehh...

CPC Farnells
Based in Preston, UK, CPC is a leading business-to-business distributor of electrical and related products.
CPC Farnells
(Free shipping in UK)

Charles Hyde & Son, Ltd.
The UK's leading supplier of electronic components and accessories
CHS Interactive

pupiteer

Member (SA)
Oct 19, 2010

hi , i found these belts from MUSONIC , as the suppliers listed in the thread as well as http://WWW.4SHARP.CO.UK can supply the tape band and pinch roller only. only,i called MUSONIC to enquire as the details of the belt they sell as a SHARP compatible , differ a little from those i have been given above................ they do have another belt which seems closer to the advice given above. could anybody please offer thier opinion as to which seems like the most suitable belt of the 2? thankyou

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
For me personally, I would go with the A-F399ZY model - 632mm. With that one, you are only about 3mm smaller, whereas with the other belt you are 9mm bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.