Here is My New Intersound..

Status
Not open for further replies.

r o y a l ®

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
yeah mang ! ! !How you likin it ? This is one of the few big boxes to elude me ! Glad you finally got it , after a long hard wait ! ! ! !

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
one is positively happy to recieve such good feedback on my new purchase..
I like it alot,but there is some issues its got that needs to get sorted on it..
yeh As some of you may know..the on/off button does`nt seem to switch the box off and the tapes run at a zillion rpm..
Took it to my repair shop today,my mate checked it out while i was there,The On Off button is short all the time,so it needs a new one,tried giving it a spray with contact cleaner but still same..so new on/off switch is needed..
Tapes - he found a transistor that was short circuit/burned out on the board on the back that controls the decks,he found the right replacement in his spare bits so he changed it,but the decks are still the same,he checked the voltage to the motors,he said the voltage seems pretty normal,varying from 11v/12v,so he said i should try changing the motors,he said the insides of these are cheapo and its got cheap n nasty motors in it,that have a speed regulator built in the moter itself,he said that goes mental and sets the motor off at wild speed,so i gotta look for 2x 12v/ccw/1600rpm motor,well i will have to try one first to see if that is the problem..looks like its gunna be quite a big job..might have to buy another parts box intersound or J1,anyone selling one ?? i doubt it..

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Glad she arrived safe lad :-) hope ypu get the issues sorted out :-) unlike my conion the guy can't fix her so i gues she is a scrapper. manley saw me comming on that one grrrrrr.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Rimmer36 said:
Glad she arrived safe lad :-) hope ypu get the issues sorted out :-) unlike my conion the guy can't fix her so i gues she is a scrapper. manley saw me comming on that one grrrrrr.

I need parts, I can send you a check, or money order for some parts!

Lemme know what ya think. :yes:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Johnny said:
Rimmer36 said:

I need parts, I can send you a check, or money order for some parts!

Lemme know what ya think. :yes:
Let me mull it over jonny first i need to get the box back :-)

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Rimmy..i reckon the guy that was lookin at your conion does`nt want to do it because its a pretty big job,my mate admits,he used to get times when alot of repairs came in at the same time,he said he would fix the easy ones,and the hard/awkward/time consuming ones he would either leave to the last,or just tell the costomers he cant fix them without the service manual..just so he would`nt have to spend hours testing and head scratching..time is money,so the repair fella`s see your conion as not worth the effort..just keep it as it is lad..cant sound that bad ?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Ghettoman said:
Rimmy..i reckon the guy that was lookin at your conion does`nt want to do it because its a pretty big job,my mate admits,he used to get times when alot of repairs came in at the same time,he said he would fix the easy ones,and the hard/awkward/time consuming ones he would either leave to the last,or just tell the costomers he cant fix them without the service manual..just so he would`nt have to spend hours testing and head scratching..time is money,so the repair fella`s see your conion as not worth the effort..just keep it as it is lad..cant sound that bad ?
Got it back lad today if ya wanna trade giz a pm son ill send it ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.