Any other Chicago guys on the boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rns621

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2010
Hi everyone, recently got bitten by the boombox bug and snatched up a vela discolite...it's pretty sweet, but now I am looking for one that has better bass response. Any suggestions?
Really cool board btw, anyone else in the Chicago area?

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
welcome to the board :thumbsup: the discolight is a nice box but dont expect it to be a real low thumpin bass box it was mostly designed for the looks but still would produce acceptable sound,, on those discolight make sure that the voltage switch is infact on 120volts,, i came across a few that were on 220v and it still played but not as pronounsed as it should have so give it a quick check if you are looking for something that looks like it maybe a sharp gf-777 will do... :w00t: ,,, welcome aboard..........

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Welcome and as others noted there should be others in or around the "Windy City."

Annnnd...not to mention, you may be in a treasure trove of a city if you scour dilligently and safely for these beast in the wild outside of Craigslist or eBay. :-D

rns621

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2010
thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I'm a northsider, born and raised, so its gotta be cubs :lol:

btw, here's another vanity shot of the discolite doin its thang :-)

seko

Member (SA)
Jan 29, 2017
Southside Chicago
baddboybill said:
I am. Southside near 95th and Ashland
Cool. My wife and I both went to Curie back in da 80's and I delivered for Chucks Pizza on 101st and Western.
baddboybill said:
Cool. My wife and I both went to Curie back in da 80's and I delivered for Chucks Pizza on 101st and Western.
Cool! Right by Hot Jams! Were you an Archer cruiser? Lol! I went to St. Laurence.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
seko said:
baddboybill said:
Cool! Right by Hot Jams! Were you an Archer cruiser? Lol! I went to St. Laurence.

Yep cruised archer all time. Lived off archer and kolin. We caused city to put up " no cruise zone " signs back in da 80's. Lol

seko

Member (SA)
Jan 29, 2017
Southside Chicago
Yep cruised archer all time. Lived off archer and kolin. We caused city to put up " no cruise zone " signs back in da 80's. Lol

We probably know a lot of the same people. Alot of my friends owned/worked at Hot Jams.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Oh yeah see i dont remember cuz i lived there in the 80's and moved out in like 88-89 to Burbank but my wife says she remembers it. It was next to Mr. Submarine

seko

Member (SA)
Jan 29, 2017
Southside Chicago
baddboybill said:
Oh yeah see i dont remember cuz i lived there in the 80's and moved out in like 88-89 to Burbank but my wife says she remembers it. It was next to Mr. Submarine
Thats it! Mr Sub was is great. I think Im gonna pick up a turkey for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.