Retro Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
anyone still play a retro games console from yesteryear? sega, nintendo, atari, commodore etc

i got a megadrive collection, and i did have an 80's NES (which i sold) :-/

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
My wife will play her Sega every now and then. :yes:

pulpbeats

Member (SA)
Aug 10, 2010
SE PDX
I've still got my original NES with the grey gun. Mostly play Dr. Mario, Super Mario or Duck hunt.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I've got a bunch of vintage game stuff.
I collect mostly japanese gear, got a lot of import machines. My main focus is japanese Dreamcast stuff. I can't get enough of it.

Got a nice lot of rarities as well, like my Virtual Boy and 3DO, a white Saturn, original issue PSX, etc, etc.

Retro gaming is a very rewarding pasttime!

Rock On.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
well i did have 2 nes's which i bought at a car boot sale for £15, but manged to sale them for £65 on ebay so they didnt stay long. i bought a snes as well but that had similar games to the megadrive i allready had so that went on the bay too.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Video games...now were talking! I have an original NES...Super NES...Sega Master System...Colecovision (which has the best videogame version of Donkey Kong I have ever played)...Atari 1600 and 2600...and of course all the latest systems...PS1, 2, and 3...XBox 360. Favorite retro game is Street Fighter IV on the Super NES...Mike Tyson's Punchout is a very close second... :-D

pulpbeats

Member (SA)
Aug 10, 2010
SE PDX
I forgot I just collected my 2600 and a bunch of games from my dads house. Haven't gotten around to seeing if it still works.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
mellymelsr said:
Video games...now were talking! I have an original NES...Super NES...Sega Master System...Colecovision (which has the best videogame version of Donkey Kong I have ever played)...Atari 1600 and 2600...and of course all the latest systems...PS1, 2, and 3...XBox 360. Favorite retro game is Street Fighter IV on the Super NES...Mike Tyson's Punchout is a very close second... :-D
the good old nintendo's. the original super mario bros was the only game i owned on the nes :-) semsitive things though. i had em apart many times

MANSION

Member (SA)
Aug 25, 2009
UK
We still go retro in our house mainly the Atari 2600 but also panasonic 3do and phillips cdi

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I totally love the N64, just a few weeks ago i played through Zelda: Ocarina of Time again. I still have the console plugged in but I usually emulate it on PC because of better graphics (higher resolution/texture packs) and better controls (Xbox 360 controller). Some might say it ruins the nostalgia but for me it doesn't. Others might say that the N64 isn't very retro. Well, I'm only 19.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Zippy said:
I totally love the N64, just a few weeks ago i played through Zelda: Ocarina of Time again. I still have the console plugged in but I usually emulate it on PC because of better graphics (higher resolution/texture packs) and better controls (Xbox 360 controller). Some might say it ruins the nostalgia but for me it doesn't. Others might say that the N64 isn't very retro. Well, I'm only 19.
it isnt really but its still a good 14 years old. my NES was 6/7 years older than myself :lol:

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
heres my megadrive collection. or genesis depending on which side the world your on. it gets played now and again, but spends most the time stored away in mint condition. the console dates from around 1990/1991

streets of rage 1

with the old master system converter i used to have

Status
Not open for further replies.