JVC PC-X200: CD Player Doesn't Spin- Can This Be Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpstermyass

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2009
Chicagoland, IL, USA!
Hello Guys,

I was at the Thriftstore a few months back and I saw one of these big boys on the shelf in pretty decent shape. I spent a paltry 12 bucks on it, and it makes a great loud all-around box for the back yard. It was made in May of 1989 in Japan, and looked like one of the bigger, feature-laden models of that era...Aside from a digital tuner, 15 FM presets and 5 AM Presets, it has a tape deck with record from radio or CD option, and a top-loading CD Player, which didn't work when I got it...

I bought it because the thing sounded awesome with the Bass Booster button depressed, and I really didn't care much about the CD Player. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever fixed a CD Player unit in a later-model boombox, or is that something considered so technically out-of-hand that it should not be attempted? I am not sure what the folks at the JVC service center would say if I brought it in, or if there is a service center in my area...I was just thinking that if it would be possible and wouldn't cost an arm, leg, and a foot to do, I might actually have it done...

I found a pic of one, once I find a successful way to post it, I will slap it up here....Not a shabby unit, nice and LOUD too...

Thanks for your help!

Dumpstermyass

Member (SA)
Jun 3, 2009
Chicagoland, IL, USA!
monchito said:
or a bad control board which is a cause of most or ir detector :-)

Thanks Monchito! I have it sitting up on my bookcase top in a prominent place and I don't want to throw it out. It was made in Japan in the late 1980's and I am sure it was expensive when it came out. I patiently wait for its resurrection, either that or a schematic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.