Long lost grail FOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
A while ago JVC Floyd posted that his mom "Bless her " :bow: found a rare JVC PC-X1000 with the owners manual and remote at a yard sale and picked it up for Floyd.
When I saw this I was bugging the hell out of Floyd to please please think about selling/trading it to me as I have been after one since 1991 when my wife and I were looking for a small stereo or big boombox for our apartment. My buddy Tony let me try out his brand spanking new JVC PC-X1000 overnight and we fell in love with it.
My wife and I went to American TV in Madison the next day to pick up a PC-X1000 of our own. But when we got there,they were sold out and didn't think that they would be getting anymore in stock,DAMN IT.......... :thumbsdown: :annoyed:
So we settled for a new Sony CFD770A instead. It sounded nice,but it wasn't as nice sounding as the JVC.
So since then I've been wanting one and Floyd unselfishly set me up with his, what an Awesome guy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So Thanks a million Floyd for selling me the JVC,it is a real prize to me for sure........
It's not technically a boombox since it doesn't take batteries and the handle is built in and not a fold up so carrying it can be a little awkward compared to a real boombox,but it is portable.
Floyd packed it up tight and it made it all the way from his house just fine,all 45 pounds of it! :w00t: :-O :jawdrop:
When the FedEx driver was waddling when he came up the sidewalk this morning,I knew it had finally arrived :lol: :lol
It is minty and has the original papers,power cord and remote control. :surf:
I took it apart today and fixed the only thing wrong,a stuck disc selector button. It took 30 minutes to figure out how to disassemble it and 30 seconds to fix the problem,LOL! :lol:
Thanks again Floyd you ROCK !!!!! :surf: :rock: :rock: :thankyou: :hooray:

The back.

140 watts baby!!!! :-O :jawdrop: :stereo:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
awesome i'm glad it got there ok ,the pcx 1000 has to be heard to be believed just fantastic in every way the sound quality is just sick and the bass pumps low no box can produce sub bass like the pxc 1000 can and the highs are crystalline what a beauty, a masterpiece by jvc even the mighty m90 has to bow before the pcx1000 in any sound contest ,i'm glad you are enoying my ex electronic wife she was a good one :lol: .

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i would rather listen to the pcx 1000 than listen to most women at least i can change the station :lol: now i'll be on a 20 year quest for a pcx 1000 :-D . now my boxes sound like crap :lol: .

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
JVC Floyd said:
i would rather listen to the pcx 1000 than listen to most women at least i can change the station :lol: now i'll be on a 20 year quest for a pcx 1000 :-D . now my boxes sound like crap :lol: .
LOL!!! :lol: :lol:
After a few days your boxes will sound great again. :yes: ;-)
Now......mine all sound like crap........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
These boxes do oblitorate the m90 and the sony fh series..... congrats skipper and yea floyd is a gem :-)

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
If it has anything(s) or any area(s) specifically designed for grasping or holding,I consider it to have a "handle".Its almost like a shelf system with attachable speakers.I really wish they would make units like that even presently.To be truthful I almost never used batteries even in the old days so models would be very "boombox" to me at least with the configuration of the PCX-1000.I like to call a unit meeting the boombox criteria with the exception of battery power a "Superboomer".Companies made few different models like that which is a sad thing.

That was really nice of Floyd.He has helped me out more than once in the past.The community would be notably missing without him here. :yes:

vladi123456

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Texas
skippy1969 said:
JVC Floyd said:
,i'm glad you are enoying my ex electronic wife she was a good one :lol: .
I was wondering what that dryed goo was in the CD changer slot.... LOL I'm gross I know I know........ :thumbsdown: :lol: :lol: :nonono:

That is funny :lol:

Congrats on this awesome boombox!

Status
Not open for further replies.