TinyPic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Something has happened with the TinyPic plugin. For whatever reason, the image code no longer transfers to the message area when you click the button. Nothing has been changed on the website and after much testing, it appears to affect Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. I noticed some javascript errors coming from TinyPic, which is most likely the culprit.

I have been working on a new image uploader that should be extremely easy to use. However, it will be using ImageShack instead of TinyPic for now.

Until, the new uploader is implemented, you will need to manually copy and paste the image code from TinyPic into your post.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Okay, the new image uploader is up and running. It worked fine on the production machine, but if you run across any problems while using it, please let me know. :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Hey! The TinyPic prob was also ocurring with Chrome version 5.0.375.99, just to let you know... is it just me using this browser? :lol:
Well, TinyPic is now gone. ;-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
first test--
sorry for the repeat shot --

thanks fatdog :angelic:

-------------------------

oops--didnt work ??
red warning about codes :huh:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Its worth noting Fatdog that the new uploader doesnt resize the pics suitable for forum use so the load times for the pics is quite high.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
docs said:
Its worth noting Fatdog that the new uploader doesnt resize the pics suitable for forum use so the load times for the pics is quite high.
Yep. That was a concern even with the earlier TinyPic plugin. Some of the images being posted were almost 4,000px wide. :-O That is freakin' huge. :thumbsdown:

After much more coding and trial and error testing, those situations should be taken care of now when someone uses the built-in image uploader. The maximum dimensions for any image will now be 1,024px by 1,024px, which should help page load times. :yes: :yes:

Superduper

Member (SA)
Actually, anyone with a tinypic account will notice that tinypic recently made some changes to the way pics are uploaded. It uploads much faster but there is def some errors to the upload-success page. Before, you would immediately see the uploaded pics with link info for all the uploaded pics. Now, it just says done with what looked like some coding errors. Going back to your "my pics page" you'll find that the images uploaded properly but I guess it's just the success page that is messed up. The interface is a little different too because there is now a scrolling gallery with a magnifier of the moused-over pic.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
blah blah said:
I like the image uploader FD.... :thumbsup:
Thanks, blah blah. :yes:

Glad you got it going, Ira. What was the problem before? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.