Cassette Art...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
I would be proud to have one of these on my wall!!!! Amazing how people come up with this stuff!!!

:-D

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
I re-read the article and there is something that I don't necessarily agree with... The author starts off with this:

I’ve got 2 large boxes completely full of old cassette tapes (remember those?) in my closet. There are probably over 400 tapes sitting there, degrading, losing their magnetic information, slowly dissolving into silence, or perhaps more correctly, white noise
I don't really agree with that, as I have tapes in my possession that go back to the mid-70's that still sound as good as the day I recorded them.

:sadno: That's kind of a bad way to start the article, if you ask me... Especially since other recent articles have pointed out the specific longevity of magnetic tape recordings. :thumbsdown:

But, the art is exceptionally cool, nonetheless.

Plus, if you extrapolate my thoughs above even further, there's a bit of a contradiction there as well... The pics at the beginning show some very good Maxell and TDK tapes... but the artwork was made with cheap, generic looking tape shells. If the author felt that way about the tapes, why not add some spice by using a more desireable type of tape. If it were possible to ask the musicians which tape they preferred were used, I bet they'd go for the higher quality tape... :-D

I'm sure Jimi Hendrix would have wanted a Maxell or TDK metal tape used to create his likeness, rather than a cheapo, nondescript generic white case, don't you???

:dj-party:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Indeed Jaetee! The whole opening to that article is completely derogatory to the format.. I ended up skipping over i to avoid unnecessary aggravation.

And I'm also surprised they didn't use one of their actual albums for the tape, which would've made them finish off nicely I think.

Rock On.

PHADE

Member (SA)
Jun 11, 2009
Them Hendrix ones look awesome.

Jim Morrison's looks wierdish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.