sharp GF-8787

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason1976

Member (SA)
Jun 6, 2010
my tape player plays to fast. it looks like all the parts are spinning to fast. like the motor is getting to much voltage. What voltage should the motor be getting? I am trying to get it to play right before I put it up for sale. do any of you know what parts to check?

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
well most motors have a speed control built in the motor you could try to adjust it too see if thats whats causing the problem if it does not slow down then you have a bad speed controller and will need the motor changed,, but then you have some motors that are not adjustable and may have the speed controler on the board...so you will have to see which one you have ,, i have seen some sharps with the controller on the motor :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jason1976

Member (SA)
Jun 6, 2010
It's on the motor. the rheostat is broken. it looked like someone tried to ajust it before i did. I took the back off the motor and removed the board and the rheostat is broken in half. the only number i see on the rheostat is 151E. were can i find a replacement Variable resistor. I know they have them on ebay but what size do I need?

acidbob

Member (SA)
Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
sites.google.com
If you have access to a decade resistor box, you could start really high and use a tape with a track you know.
Play the same track on another sound source and just trial and error until the speed fits, after that you take your DMM or read on the decade box and there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.