Another JVC PC-W300 Speaker Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Came across yet another one of these in the wild last weekend during my hunt. Just happened to have a set of JVC speakers sitting around that fit nicely.

My new motto is, if it improves the sound, change out the speakers! Some boxes had great power but lacked great speakers. This W300 is no exception; sound is ok out of these with the original white speakers. But the sound is GREATLY improved by adding a decent set of speakers.

Here's a side by side of the original and the JVC. I was tempted to mod this new box out as I did with the other, see below pics, natural finish speakers. But I didn't think the color of the cabinets matched the silver of the box and they were just a bit too high. The box would have been sitting about half an inch of the ground. These JVC's are rated at 6 ohms and peak at 120 watts.

Finished product

Now I have 2!

The box with the Mission speaker still sounds way better though. Those speakers have some serious kick.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Sweet! I would love to hear how those Mission speakers sound. I agree - some, if not most, boomboxes could stand a good speaker replacement mod. Especially if the amp has enough power. :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
oldskool69 said:
Well Milo....Nice job again!!! And if you want to offload your latest PC-300W...PM me!!! First that is!!! :thumbsup:
Freddie, perhaps you didn't notice. There is a coded "dibs" message in my above post.

Sweet! I would love to hear how those Mission speakers sound. I agree - some, if not most, boomboxes could stand a good speaker replacement mod. Especially if the amp has enough power.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Fatdog said:
oldskool69 said:
Well Milo....Nice job again!!! And if you want to offload your latest PC-300W...PM me!!! First that is!!! :thumbsup:
Freddie, perhaps you didn't notice. There is a coded "dibs" message in my above post.

Sweet! I would love to hear how those Mission speakers sound. I agree - some, if not most, boomboxes could stand a good speaker replacement mod. Especially if the amp has enough power.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike you I am not shady...no shame in my game...no codes needed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey milo
did i tell you this already ?? :-)

right after your first thread about these awesome little mission speakers--
i jumped on ebay - BIN a very good set - :thumbsup:

:agree: they are STRONG !!

the vents move more air than a kaboom !!

Status
Not open for further replies.