The Global Traveling Tape Race - TEAM JVC's Shipping Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast

This thread is intended for the sole purpose of summarizing the ground rules for the Global Traveling Tape Race project and for tracking the progress of your team's traveling tapes. If you are part of Team JVC, I suggest using the "subsrcibe topic" feature so you will be notified up log updates.

Please use this thread only to discuss shipping related progress or issues. Casual conversation about the project should still be posted to the original thread for all members of both projects to see:
http://www.boomboxery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5264

Traveling Tape Rules:

• [*:3sbqpny8]Target recording time limit is 15~17 minutes per participant
    [*:3sbqpny8]Each particpant is expected to use a boombox or recording walkman to record their selections. No high-end portable field recorders or compontent cassette decks should be used.
    [*:3sbqpny8]Please test your boombox's recording and play functions thoroughly before setting up your recording. Let's do our best to make sure we don't use boxes that might eat a tape!
    [*:3sbqpny8]Source device can be whatever you are comfortable with (Phono, Tuner, Cassette Deck, boombox, whatever....) Just make sure you record music.
    [*:3sbqpny8]Record your tracks in series following the person who was ahead of you on the list. Tape 2 should only be used when tape 1 is full.
    [*:3sbqpny8]Please sign both of your team's cassettes with a fine tip permanent marker.
    [*:3sbqpny8]Please add your recording details to the recording log which should be included with the tapes you receive.
    [*:3sbqpny8]Please include the recording log and maybe a postcard, sticker or some other souvenir for the next participant.
    [*:3sbqpny8]It is each member's responsiblity to view this thread and PM the next person on the list to get address info. Do not post phone numbers, physical address or email address information in public forums (for obvious reasons).
    [*:3sbqpny8]Please notify your team when you have received and shipped the tape so we can periodically update this log
    [*:3sbqpny8]And most importantly - HAVE FUN!

TEAM JVC - ordered list of participants:

• Bold Text = Tape received
    Bold Italics = Tape received and shipped to next participant
    * = next in line to receive tape

JaeTee (Florida)
Ford93 (Florida)
Fatdog (Tennesee)
* Ghettoboom (Tennesee)
Master Z (Ohio)
restocat (New Mexico)
BMoney (California)
Terry (Australia)
Claret Badger (UK)
Stranj (Venezuela)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Maybe the first guy on the list shouldn't have been ford93. :lol:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Now Bobby I was this close in heading out the door when I noticed your little comment, so I decided to hold it a bit longer! :-P

Nah it will be on the way soon between my job, mi mom, and my boomboxes having issues :annoyed: I got sidetracked. My recording was straight up analog 12' vinyls and a 1200 Technics with the exception of the intro which was an MP3 recording.

Sometimes good things come to those who wait!! :-D

I sent you a PM Bobby you are hereby ordered to see the dean! :-D

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
ford93 said:
Now Bobby I was this close in heading out the door when I noticed your little comment, so I decided to hold it a bit longer! :-P

Nah it will be on the way soon between my job, mi mom, and my boomboxes having issues :annoyed: I got sidetracked. My recording was straight up analog 12' vinyls and a 1200 Technics with the exception of the intro which was an MP3 recording.

Sometimes good things come to those who wait!! :-D

I sent you a PM Bobby you are hereby ordered to see the dean! :-D
It's alright, dude. I totally understand how time gets away from a person. These past couple of weeks had me running around like a headless chicken. I can't wait to hear what you have on there! :yes:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Bobby I threw in some old school stuff from the late 70's and 80's not mixed I didn't want to use my mixer as it has EQ. I wanted to keep it analog all the way I refuse to enhance in any form the sounds even though my mixer has kill switches.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Woo hoo!! I received the package from Juan today. Now, I need to decide what to record. :yes:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
TEAM JVC - ordered list of participants:

3 down, 7 to go

Bold Text = Tape received

JaeTee (Florida)
Ford93 (Florida)
Fatdog (Tennesee)

* Ghettoboom (Tennesee)
Master Z (Ohio)
restocat (New Mexico)
BMoney (California)
Terry (Australia)
Claret Badger (UK)
Stranj (Venezuela)

For the record, so far you guys (both teams) are quicker at turning this around than the guys typically do at tapeheads.net :)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Alright, I thought I would pop in real quick to post that I have completed my recordings. Four tracks. Hopefully obscure to most people.

Here's a really crappy cellphone video of a portion of the last track.

[youtube]rKpatfr3vkA[/youtube]

Back to R&R. :super:

djetaine

Member (SA)
May 13, 2010
I wish I had known about this when it started. I would definitely have gotten in and put down some tracks

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
Yo FD, I think you skipped Ghettoboom. He was next in line I think, not me. I'm supposed to get it from him. :hmmm: :dunce:

Let me know who I should send it out to. when its my turn.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Master Z said:
Yo FD, I think you skipped Ghettoboom. He was next in line I think, not me. I'm supposed to get it from him. :hmmm: :dunce:

Let me know who I should send it out to. when its my turn.
Hi MasterZ. In the interest of keeping things going, Ghettoboom was skipped on purpose as he is out of town working for an undetermined period of time... (Thanks for the heads-up, Jeff!).

Ghettoboom will be now be the last person to get it before it finds its way back to me, which should give him time to get back home...

The updated order is outlined below. Please reach out to restocat for his address and ship to him when you're done with your recordings.

:-D

Bold Text = Tape received

JaeTee (Florida)
Ford93 (Florida)
Fatdog (Tennesee)

Master Z (Ohio)
*restocat (New Mexico)
BMoney (California)
Terry (Australia)
Claret Badger (UK)
Stranj (Venezuela)
Ghettoboom (Tennesee)

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
Ah OK, thanks JT for clearing that up for me. Now what to record??? :hmmm:
I guess I'll have to give it a listen and see where it takes me. :-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Master Z said:
Ah OK, thanks JT for clearing that up for me. Now what to record??? :hmmm:
I guess I'll have to give it a listen and see where it takes me. :-)
There are detailed notes on the enclosed cards - track, artist, album, NR, setup, etc.

There's also a little something extra in the package for ya, Z.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Master Z said:
Now what to record??? :hmmm: I guess I'll have to give it a listen and see where it takes me. :-)
There's the spirit!!!!!

Since I'll have to wait until the bitter end.... I'd love to hear some reviews of what you guys think about the quality of the recordings thus far? Especially now that a few people have recorded on the tape.

I'm also guessing that Ford93, Fatdog and I have probably filled up the A-side at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.