Panasonic RX-DT707 cd skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

adespin

Member (SA)
May 15, 2010
Llanelli, Wales, UK.
Just won a Panasonic RX-DT707 on ebay, it arrived this week, the write up said "everything working perfectly", but it wasn't, put a cd in and it played for about a minute then skipped back to about 30 seconds and continued to do so.

Tried another cd and the same thing happened again, tried going forward to another track and it just made a noise as if it couldn't find the track.

I then dismantled it to look at the cd player, nothing obvious! cleaned the cd lens then reassembled it. Still the same problem.

Any ideas anybody? :sad:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Haven't had this one apart but it might have a small adjusting screw on the laser, if so you can adjust it in very small steps until it works. That's assuming the problem is the laser alignment. :hmmm:

adespin

Member (SA)
May 15, 2010
Llanelli, Wales, UK.
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Hey adespin!

Isn't there something you could do like tell the guy you bought it from to reimburse you some $?

I'm here in Venezuela and I'd be screwed but you aren't! I'd suggest you try and get some sort of $ back... :huh:

Yes, the guy has agreed to give me £25 back, it cost me £70.
I want to keep the radio in the hope i can fix it, or find a replacement cd unit, i've done some digging and found out that the RX-DT401 has the same unit and they are a lot cheaper box.
Thanks for the concern Stranj.

And thanks for the advice Masterblaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.