Post your cassette finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Terry said:
In my hunt for Boomboxes over the last few weeks I've picked up a few blank cassettes, thought I'd post em up for all to see.

Feel free to add pics of your cassettes. I'd love to see what other people have. I don't have any reelys yet, but rest assured I'm keeping an eye out.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Man, all in new packaging too. Damm Terry, that's some nice stuff there!

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
I never really thought of tapes as finds. :hmmm:

Are they hard to get? There are a bunch of new sealed ones at our thrifty store, maybe I should grab them.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
restocat said:
I never really thought of tapes as finds. :hmmm:

Are they hard to get? There are a bunch of new sealed ones at our thrifty store, maybe I should grab them.
The real finds are sealed metal tapes but most sealed chrome/High bias tapes are worth fifty cents at the thrifts. :yes:

Love the tapes Terry, nice! Keep at it. And YES restocat, go get 'um! (DIBS) :thumbsup:

1977-1981- BASF LH 60 SM - I got lots of these

"Stairway to Heaven" - 1988-1991 Made in Japan Maxell's

Old TDK from 1979 given to me by a great friend (was his grandmas, unsealed but never recorded)

Sealed "Strānj Tāp" TDK haven't found any info on, any thoughts?

OLD "Superton" 70's tape made in Venezuela

Yes, believe it or not, it's a K-mart cassette... Blue Light Special? Maybe... hahahahah :blush:

Blue TEAC reel tape, have had it for YEARS!

Make yourself a cassette!!! (Glue where the drops are) ;-)

"Road to Happiness" 1988-1991 series Made in Japan MAXELL'S

Don't ask... upsidedown demostration cassette... Note the "Not for Sales"... whatever...

Pretty Old Recoton, belonged to my older brother... Not-nee-more!

Some funky HP mini data cassette, I have several of these 'lil creatures...

I'll be posting some more pics, of my newly gift tapes received from our very own JT!!!! THANKS A MILLION BRO!

Very nice Strānj-Bōōmbŏks, I'll post up some more later myself. Sony Dynarange, Maxell UD's and Sony CHF are all in my collection.

My TDK SA 110's as above are from 1988, the rest are more recent. Strānj-Bōōmbŏks I love your Maxell collection and I love those BASF, they are the bomb!

restocat, go get those tapes from the thrift, super rare tapes can fetch big money on ebay, but I reckon it's more fun to trade and collect, plus if you find some good ones you can post em up here and brag. Also they are good to record on!

Terry said:
Very nice Strānj-Bōōmbŏks, I'll post up some more later myself. Sony Dynarange, Maxell UD's and Sony CHF are all in my collection.

Strānj-Bōōmbŏks I love your Maxell collection and I love those BASF, they are the bomb!
Terry, got more (1988-1991) Made in Japan Maxell's if you're interested in trading for some! Also got plenty-o-BASF's!!!

radiodayz

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2010
Resto, you'd be amazed at what can be considered a "collectible." :lol: I constantly am. Pretty much anything old is fair game here.

Stranj, nice collection. King Curtis and Erroll Garner on one tape? That's an interesting combination. :-D

My favorite is finding a nice old boomer at a thrift store or flea market, that still has an old (playable) tape inside it, usually a mix tape someone made years ago and forgot they had. It's like a double score :yes:

Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Terry said:

Strānj-Bōōmbŏks I love your Maxell collection and I love those BASF, they are the bomb!
Terry, got more (1988-1991) Made in Japan Maxell's if you're interested in trading for some! Also got plenty-o-BASF's!!!
If you see anything you like in my collection that I have more than 1 of I'd be happy to trade, shoot me a pm.

Here are some more. :-)

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Terry said:
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Terry said:

If you see anything you like in my collection that I have more than 1 of I'd be happy to trade, shoot me a pm.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Wow, some memories there...

Terry said:
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Terry said:

]
Cool, will do! :afro:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Here are the tapes I've picked up from the thrifts in roughly the last 45 days, they are all brand new and sealed. I've had very good luck with boomboxes and tapes at the thrifts the last 2 months, probably the best 2 months I've ever had.

MasterBlaster84 said:
Here are the tapes I've picked up from the thrifts in roughly the last 45 days, they are all brand new and sealed. I've had very good luck with boomboxes and tapes at the thrifts the last 2 months, probably the best 2 months I've ever had.

[ Image ]
Hey MasserBlasser you gots some nice tapes dere! Interested in tradin'? (of course only the ones you gots doubles of) ?

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
MasterBlaster84 said:

[ Image ]
Hey MasserBlasser you gots some nice tapes dere! Interested in tradin'? (of course only the ones you gots doubles of) ?
Thanks Stranj, may be up for a swap but not these since they are the only ones I have.
The Denon HD-8
Maxell UDX-II
Maxell MX-S

Not sure what shipping from the US to Venezuala would be, that alone may make it to costly for a few tapes. I'm pretty much only picking up new sealed tapes, did you have something in mind?

MasterBlaster84 said:
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
MasterBlaster84 said:

[ Image ]
Thanks Stranj, may be up for a swap but not these since they are the only ones I have.
The Denon HD-8
Maxell UDX-II
Maxell MX-S

Not sure what shipping from the US to Venezuala would be, that alone may make it to costly for a few tapes. I'm pretty much only picking up new sealed tapes, did you have something in mind?
Well, maybe swap one of those UDX-II 90? For one of my German BASF? :afro:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Sorry for being so late to this one. :-/ Here are some pics of a few of my sealed cassettes. I didn't include all the duplicates and whatnot; I just concentrated on the different brands and releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.