#1 RadioRaccoon

RadioRaccoon
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNorthern California!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

I just won this Magnavox on Fleabay. cant wait for it to get here!!! :-D

Posted Image

aparantly it has soft-touch controls so im looking forward to play around with it!

#2 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

thats a cool looking box i saw the auction on ebay i'm glad you won it , looks bad ass!.

#3 el cad

el cad
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

Nice box. Saw that one as well and had it on the watch list. Glad I wasn't bidding against you.

#4 ViennaSound

ViennaSound
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,707 posts
  • LocationVienna / Austria

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

wow, the CUBOOSTER looks great! :w00t:
Another one i must go for the PHILIPS combo.... :lol:

#5 manimal347

manimal347
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

Nice, nice box. I also almost bidded on it, but instead made my second box a Magnavox D8300. Yours is obv. the higher end one, and I bet it sounds fabulous. I'm honestly leaning towards a Hitachi 6-speaker TRK-720 that looks just like the D8347 but with better build quality and real cone tweets. Still, I'm very interested to know if it's better than Magnavox's marque might lead one to expect. Ps.. am I right to think the boxes just might be Panasonics?

#6 RadioRaccoon

RadioRaccoon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

i excited cuz this is my first box i bought on ebay and its also my first box with logic controls!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......logic.... :drool:

#7 el cad

el cad
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

i excited cuz this is my first box i bought on ebay and its also my first box with logic controls!

It looked like a good seller. I've only bought one on Ebay so far, a D8300. The packing job was pretty scary, but it worked. But I'm paranoid, so maybe he did a good job packing it and I'm just picky.

#8 ViennaSound

ViennaSound
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

logic decks are awesome - if working.
Best luck, usual they are good quality. :yes:

And: :morepics: when arrived!

#9 oldskool69

oldskool69
  • Moderators
  • 6,711 posts
  • Location'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Looks pretty slick! Nice! :yes:

#10 sony_apm_fan

sony_apm_fan
  • Members
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Even better, fuzzy logic.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......fuzzy logic :drool:

#11 MasterBlaster84

MasterBlaster84
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,080 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

Congrats RR that's a nice looker, you'll have to let us know if it kicks butt too. :yes: :thumbsup:

#12 ViennaSound

ViennaSound
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

Here a short preview.
From börny a time ago.
Really nice unit! :agree:

#13 Jovie

Jovie
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I have one of those. Its not in the same class as the 8300. It doesn't have that kind of bass.The drivers are smaller than I thought. It's more like a very loud mini type of box. The line-in works through the cassette circuitry so you have to engage it. It's a beautiful unit and makes a killer desk top unit !

#14 el cad

el cad
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

I have one of those. Its not in the same class as the 8300. It doesn't have that kind of bass.The drivers are smaller than I thought. It's more like a very loud mini type of box. The line-in works through the cassette circuitry so you have to engage it. It's a beautiful unit and makes a killer desk top unit !

So both the 8347 and 8300 need to a have the cassette engaged for the line in to work? Is that common on all Magnavox and Philips models?

#15 manimal347

manimal347
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

So both the 8347 and 8300 need to a have the cassette engaged for the line in to work? Is that common on all Magnavox and Philips models?

Likely. I know the iconic gray Magnavox with five speakers and one tape deck that always shows up on EBay also works the same way.

#16 MasterBlaster84

MasterBlaster84
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,080 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

That's annoying but not to uncommon.
If you have a remote plug on your jack panel you can use it to stop the motor from running. Just insert the proper size plug (typically a 1/8" plug) and don't connect the wires, that will turn off the power to the motor on most if not all boomers. This works great since the only wear on the tape mechanism will be the mechanical movement of it going into the play position.

#17 el cad

el cad
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Likely. I know the iconic gray Magnavox with five speakers and one tape deck that always shows up on EBay also works the same way.

Thanks for the info. I thought is was strange way to do things, but it I guess it works.

#18 RadioRaccoon

RadioRaccoon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

my magnavox d8443 is the same way. press record for the line in to engage.

on another note.....Box will be coming in on Friday :thumbsup:

#19 ViennaSound

ViennaSound
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

This one? ;-)

Posted Image

#20 Jovie

Jovie
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

Posted Image
I believe he means this one.

#21 RadioRaccoon

RadioRaccoon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

It came today courtesy of the ups guy. and i have to say im quite happy with it, though it isn't quite a blaster, its a great table top box that i can use to listen to when im drawing something or studying. enjoy the pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yarrr....she be in the deep briny sea of packing pellets.... :-D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ill throw in a vid later when i have time :-D

#22 manimal347

manimal347
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Jove is correct. That's the deck I meant.

#23 ViennaSound

ViennaSound
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Great!
Love it! :thumbsup:

#24 ricgib

ricgib
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

I just won this Magnavox on Fleabay. cant wait for it to get here!!! :-D

v46jbr.jpg

aparantly it has soft-touch controls so im looking forward to play around with it!

Me to bud what do ya know.