sharp gf-777 body paint color

Soundwave

Member (SA)
Jun 20, 2009
USA
anyone know the a matching color name or the closest you can get to the color of the silver body of the 777 to touch up the scratches and nicks on it...?

i tried flat aluminum car model paint its close but seems a bit brighter than the sharps color....

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... somebody had discovered the closest paint codes for the GF-777.

Model Master 1790

OR

Tamiya X-11

I have not tried either one of those, but both should be available from your local hobby store and fairly inexpensive. :yes:

Reactions: thekrakenisme

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
Superduper said:
Bobby. I already lost track of all those paint codes for the various boomboxes such as the M90, etc. Can we do a sticky listing the known closest-matching codes for the most popular boomboxes?
thats a dynOmite sticky plan :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Superduper said:
Bobby. I already lost track of all those paint codes for the various boomboxes such as the M90, etc. Can we do a sticky listing the known closest-matching codes for the most popular boomboxes?
Will do, Norm.

Hey, just sittin' here thinkin'...

Do we need a Restoration area for the forum? Or should we just leave it as part of Tech Talk?

blah blah

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
deep fluffy powdercountry
:agree: Might take a while to build up steam if we had both categories (tech and restoration) but they are very different and maybe we can get everyone to post MORE PICS and stories on the work they do. I know I am lazy doing it... :-D

and a list of paint colors would be the bomb :thumbsup:

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
any conclusion to this somewhere? i need a spray. the Model Master 1790 & Tamiya X-11 i believe arent made in a spray, check out this chart http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101b.html# but i think the tamiya metalix silver X-11 in a spray can is called "Tamiya TS83 Metallic Silver Synthetic Lacquer" im wondering if this will work or if anyone has ever tried this.

...or if there is a thread where this has all been solved.

BoomBoomBlaster

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Germany
is there any type of international colour codes so I can order the exact paint (tamiya or the other) here in germany??

ok found the colours here in germany, but they are only in 23 ml cans. Anyone know if there are bigger sizes?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
The problem with "touching up" only one part of a box is that you won't be able to match the metal flake that came from the factory. You can color-match the shade of silver, but you can't control the amount and size of the flakes inside the paint. Every company uses different flakes, so it's never going to match perfectly.

So IMO, if a box needs touch-up, you might as well repaint the whole thing in a totally different color, IMO. This is your chance to improve the box. The vast majority of boxes would look better in a different color. Be bold, be different.